Values, Vision, and Mission Statement
Awarding associate's, baccalaureate, and master's degrees, SUNY Delhi combines strengths in technology with dynamic curricula in arts, sciences, and selected professions. Our vibrant and diverse campus community provides an environment where living and learning flourish. Online and off-site programs provide expanding educational opportunities. The following outlines our values, mission, and vision. We also have identified the eight areas that are ongoing and the backbone of our future.
SUNY Delhi Values
SUNY Delhi Transforms Lives.
This vision is supported through a thriving, dynamic, and growing educational hub that provides students opportunities, achieves faculty and staff excellence, and connects with its communities, and strategic investment of its resources.
SUNY Delhi’s Mission
Our philosophical anchor supports a student-centered institution where the student is the most important person at SUNY Delhi. SUNY Delhi’s mission catalyzes this belief by:
“Focusing on grit and determination, SUNY Delhi engages its inclusive community through hands-on teaching and learning.”
- Investing in Facilities - Providing students, faculty, and staff with optimal living and learning environments.
- Investing in People - Fostering a welcoming, safe, respectful, fun, and inclusive community.
- Human Resources – Recruiting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce.
- Telling Our Story – Advancing participation in efforts that positively elevate the campus profile.
- Student Potential – Developing and inspiring students to reach their full potential.
- Enrollment - Engaging in activities that recruit, retain, and graduate our students.
- Academic Programs - Innovating, delivering, and sustaining relevant and cutting-edge curricula.
- Modes of Delivery - Developing, instituting, and supporting academic programs that are provided at non-traditional times, days, and manner.
Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILOs)
- Communication: Graduates will communicate effectively and professionally using verbal, reading comprehension, and writing skills.
- Critical Thinking: Graduates will solve problems by analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating information and ideas.
- Quantitative Reasoning: Graduates will apply mathematical techniques to interpret and utilize information represented as data, graphs, tables, and schematics.
- Civic Engagement: Through interaction with diverse populations, graduates will contribute to society in an ethical, professional, and constructive manner.
- Technology: Graduates will effectively utilize existing and emerging technologies.
- Sustainability: Graduates will be exposed to the relationships between environmental and economic trends and the impact on their cultures and communities.