O'Connor Center for Community Engagement
SUNY Delhi students, faculty and staff are committed to our community. We are proud to be one of 13 campuses in New York State to have the Carnegie Foundation Classification in Community Engagement for 2015 - 2025.
Through awareness, training, and recognition, the O’Connor Center for Community Engagement engages students, faculty, staff, and community members in partnerships that foster collaborative learning and civic engagement in a diverse world. The OCCE develops partnerships that simultaneously enhance academic work, meet community needs, and prepare students to be socially responsible leaders through active service and volunteerism.
SUNY Delhi upholds federal laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information, as outlined in our non-discrimination policy.
*We thank the O'Connor Foundation for 20 years of generous support.
Snapshot of Community Service Summary Fall 2020/Spring 2021
- 90 Community service projects completed on campus, in community and virtually
- 65 graduating students received Community Service cords and certificates
- 44 students, all 18 Greek organizations and 3 outstanding faculty and staff were recognized as monthly community champions
- 3,350 community service hours were recorded between August 2020 and May 18, 2021
- Over 50 donors gave to Regalia, “The Student Ready Store”
SUNY Delhi Citizenship Awards 2021
Having the Courage to Care & Connect as a Community
- Student Club/Organization of the Year
- Community Program of the Year
- Community Partner of the Year
- Student Citizenship Awards
- Faculty Citizenship Awards
This year's recipients are as follows
Community Service Signature Awards: Club of the Year-National Electrical Contractors Association and Society of Manufacturing
Greek Organization of the Year: Delta Theta Gamma and Pi Nu Epsilon
Aspiring Community Service Champions: William Groetz and Tyler VanDeWal
Community Partner of the Year: Christina Viafore
Community Program of the Year: Bicentennial Community Service/Earth Day - sponsored by the Village of Delhi Bicentennial Committee
Student Citizenship Awards: Joshua Hunter and Jordan Corwin
Faculty Citizenship Awards: Brianne Slocum and Mathew Heath VanHorn
Aspiring Community Service Champions