O'Connor Center for Community Engagement
SUNY Delhi students, faculty and staff are committed to our community. We are proud to be recognized with the Carnegie Foundation Elective Classification for Community Engagement for 2015-2025.
The OCCE serves as a clearinghouse for community service opportunities, developing partnerships, training, and programs that connect campus and community members, foster collaborative learning, meet local and student needs, & prepare students to become socially responsible citizens in a diverse world.
*We thank the A. Lindsay and Olive B. O’Connor Foundation, Inc. for over 20 years of generous support.
The objectives of the O’Connor Center for Community Engagement are to:
- Coordinate hands-on volunteer opportunities for students
- Connect local residents with the campus community
- Support non-profit fund-raising and awareness education campaigns
- Educate students and partners on the benefits of service
- Manage the Regalia Food Pantry & Career Closet
- Inform students of local resources to support daily needs
- Recognize outstanding community service & volunteerism
- Facilitate the development of students’
- civic awareness
- professional & interpersonal skills
- sense of empathy and self-awareness
Additional Events & Initiatives
- Community Service Day – part of SUNY Delhi’s Earth Day celebration
- Citizenship Awards Ceremony – annual community service recognition program
- Service Learning - active learning community service initiatives that are tied to classroom instruction
- Ongoing development of Community Partnerships
- Awarding of Community Service Graduation Cords
SUNY Delhi upholds federal laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information, as outlined in our non-discrimination policy.