Mildred & Louis Resnick Library
Specialized Instruction For Classes:
Sign up for an instruction session with one of our librarians: Library Instruction Request Form.
Librarians can collaborate with you on a format that will work for you and your students. We offer:
- Hands-on, interactive class session(s), targeted toward a specific assignment or objective
- Custom web pages compiling the most useful resources and research tips for your subject area, course, or assignment
- Interactive, self-paced tutorials designed around the specific needs of your program, course, or assignment
- Assistance with integrating library resources into your Vancko Hall courses
- Advice on creating a project that incorporates research skills or library resources
If you would like to take advantage of our facilities, we can schedule your class session in our computer classroom (Bush 302), and/or give your students a tour of the library. To discuss instruction for your class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607-746-4635 and ask to speak with a Librarian.
Library Instruction Evaluations:
Faculty Open Educational Resources (OER) Information
Faculty who are interested in converting a course to using OER, please reach out to a Librarian for help in identifying materials available to you, or utilize the following online resources: Open NYS website and the Open SUNY website. If you need additional information, please reach out to any of the Librarians or Online Education staff.
The Resnick Library has also created a LibGuide on OER Information for faculty and staff.
The campus Program Lead for OER is Carrie Fishner; please notify her of any courses you are teaching that utilize OER materials. If you are converting a course to OER materials, please fill out this Memorandum of Understanding (pdf) and return to the Library Director.
Our campus bookstore also offers turn-key low cost courseware that can easily be adopted into your class to utilize OER materials. Please visit the Barnes & Noble Education website to learn more, or reach out to Bookstore Manager, Julia Fetzer.
Faculty Reserve Book Requests:
If you have a book you would like to have placed on reserve in the library for students to use, please fill out the Reserve Book Request Form.
General Workshops & Tutorials:
Course Specific Workshops and Websites:
- CADD 170 - Manufacturing Processes
- HIST 330 - The American Revolution
- HIST 330 - The Civil War
- TRVL 170 - Tourism
- TRVL 310 - Geography
- VETS 180 - Library Research Article Assignment
- Library Research/Article Assignment Description
- Library Research/Article Due Dates
UNIV 103 - Information Management
On a somewhat irregular basis, the Library also offers UNIV 103, a 1-credit course
in Information Management. This course teaches students to access, evaluate, and organize
information in support of both research and life information needs. Students explore
Internet resources and tools, as well as traditional print resources. Skills and principles
learned in this hands-on course apply directly to research assignments in other courses,
as well as to the professional workplace. Students should have familiarity with the
basic functions of Microsoft Windows and an Internet browser.