Comptia Cloud Essentials+
Become CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ Certified
Cloud computing has become the foundation of our app-driven, data-centered society. This trend has only grown after the global pandemic and a crisis-fueled year in 2020. The cloud provides organizations and institutions with a solid infrastructure from which to manage their information technology operations. This has created a significant demand for professionals who know how to use, manage and secure cloud computing operations. In this 100% online course you will learn core cloud computing concepts and practices. Upon successful completion, you will be prepared to pass the CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ certification, one of the world's leading cloud certifications. Enrollment includes an optional voucher to cover exam fees.
Job Outlook for Cloud Computing Professionals?
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) forecasts a 4% growth in demand for Network and Computer Systems Administrators between now and 2029. The BLS notes that emerging technologies such as cloud computing are expected to experience much stronger growth in demand.
- According to PayScale.com, CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ certified professionals earn $67,877 per year in the US, on average. Salaries range from around $50,000 per year for Information Technology Specialists to over $100,000 per year for Senior Systems Engineers. Your compensation will depend on many factors, such as your skills, experience and location.
COMPTIA CLOUD ESSENTIALS+ FAQs
IS THE COMPTIA CLOUD ESSENTIALS+ A VALUABLE CERTIFICATION?
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is a leading voice and advocate in the Information Technology (IT) industry. Its certifications are widely valued and respected. CompTIA notes that the Cloud Essentials+ certification is the only globally recognized, vendor-neutral certification that integrates business principles with fundamental cloud concepts.
WHAT JOBS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THE CLOUD ESSENTIALS+ CERTIFICATION?
CompTIA reports that jobs held by Cloud Essentials+-certified professionals often blend IT knowledge with activities in the business domain, including:
- Business Development staff
- Technical Sales Specialist
- Business Analyst
IS CLOUD COMPUTING A GOOD CAREER CHOICE FOR THE FUTURE?
The innovations driving cloud computing - AI, the Internet of Things, gaming and many more - are expected to thrive in the coming years. Experts expect cloud systems and solutions to grow in both size and sophistication for the foreseeable future. Now is a great time to build skills for a future that will value the combination of IT and business expertise.
- Interpret cloud concepts and terminology
- Analyze the relationship between businesses and cloud technologies
- Discern cloud management and technical operations
- Review governance, compliance, security, and risk factors in cloud technologies
- Gain confidence in utilizing cloud computing technologies
- Become better prepared to take the CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ certification exam
- Build technical literacy to become proficient in adjacent and complementary information technologies and their related certifications
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to complete this course. However, CompTIA recommends having up to 6 months of working experience in an IT-related environment.
Cloud Principles and Design
Cloud Networking and Storage
Assessing Cloud Needs
Engaging Cloud Vendors
Management and Technical Operations
Governance and Risk
Compliance and Security in the Cloud
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.