Comptia Linux+ Certification Training
Earn Your CompTIA Linux+ Certification
IT professionals with advanced Linux administration skills occupy a unique and valuable space in the IT industry. CompTIA’s Linux+ certification is the only job-focused Linux certification based on foundational Linux skills. This 100% online course will teach you the concepts and practices needed to earn the Linux+ certification from CompTIA. Key topics include Linux installation processes, network configurations, security and troubleshooting, and automating processes with scripting.
Job Outlook for Certified Linux+ Administrators
- Certified Linux administrators are in demand. Data from CBTNuggets.com indicates that 80% of IT hiring managers consider Linux skills essential. Because of its dominant presence in large enterprises and its wide use in leading-edge startups, CBTNuggets.com places Linux administration among its top career options.
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects 5% growth in network and computer systems administrator jobs between now and 2028. The BLS notes that this growth is tied to investments in newer and faster architecture and is expected to occur despite consolidation in cloud computing environments.
- The BLS estimates that demand for network administrators who work in systems design and related services is expected to grow by 24% during that time period, nearly five times the overall rate of growth in the industry.
CompTIA Linux+ FAQs
WHAT JOBS CAN I GET WITH A COMPTIA LINUX+ CERTIFICATION?
Linux administration skills open many avenues for positions with premier employers, leading-edge startups and government and institutional settings. Some of the common job titles associated with the CompTIA Linux+ certification include:
- Linux Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Technical Support Specialist
- Web Administrator
- Systems Administrator
HOW MUCH DO LINUX+ CERTIFIED ADMINISTRATORS MAKE?
According to the BLS, network and computer systems administrators earn $83,510 per year, on average. The top 10% earn over $130,000 annually. PayScale.com lists the average compensation for CompTIA Linux+ certificate holders at $72,203 per year. Data from Zippia.com indicates that administrators in specialized industries such as defense or automation regularly demand salaries in excess of $120,000.
WHAT IS COVERED ON THE COMPTIA LINUX+ EXAM?
The Linux+ exam is designed to assess the knowledge and job-specific skill of professionals who support and manage Linux systems. It provides coverage across a series of administrative functions that include: configuring, managing, operating and troubleshooting in a Linux environment. The Linux+ exam focuses on the following areas:
- Kernel Modules
- Storage and virtualization
- Enterprise-level device management
- DevOps basics, through Git and automation
- Networking and firewalls, especially involving security issues
- Server-side and command line, for server management in a multi-server environment
- SELinux, with a focus on implementation for security
WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE OF THE COMPTIA LINUX+ CERTIFICATION?
According to CompTIA, Linux+ is the only Linux certification that covers in-demand foundational skills with performance-based questions that clearly indicate competence. CompTIA asserts that the exam validates skills required by large scale enterprises such as healthcare and financial services providers as well as government and institutional employers.
- Analyze Linux hardware and system configurations related to installation, networking, and storage
- Manage Linux system operations and determine validated maintenance protocols
- Evaluate security best practices for users, files, and networks
- Formulate best responses to Linux troubleshooting issues
- Utilize basic scripts to automate processes in Linux
- Be prepared to take and pass the CompTIA Linux+ certification test to prove your knowledge
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take the course. However, CompTIA recommends having up to 12 months of hands-on experience as a Linux administrator before taking the Network+ certification exams.
SERVERS, SHELL, AND BOOT PROCESS
PROCESSES AND TASKS
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.