Comptia Security+ Certification Training
Earn Your CompTIA Cyber Security Certificate
Securing this data is a key role in organizations of every size and type. This creates significant opportunities for professionals who can keep online data safe and private. The CompTIA Security+ certification is considered a global standard for validating cybersecurity skills. This 100% online course will help you master the basics of system security, network infrastructure, access control, and organizational security. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be prepared to take the CompTIA Security+ certification SY0-501 exam.
Job Outlook for CompTIA Security+ Professionals
- Cybersecurity professionals are in high demand. Cyber Defense Magazine predicts a need for 1.8 million new cybersecurity professionals by 2022. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects 32% job growth for information security analysts between now and 2028.
- This is among the BLS’s fastest-growing job categories, a factor the BLS attributes to growth in hacking and attacks on computer and network infrastructure. Growth is expected across every industry, especially those that involve private information such as banks and financial services, healthcare and emerging fields such as vehicle and physical infrastructure systems.
- Cybersecurity professionals are well-paid. According to PayScale.com, cybersecurity analysts with CompTIA Security+ preparation command salaries above $61,000 per year.
CompTIA Security+ Certificate FAQs
IS THE CompTIA SECURITY+ A GOOD CERTIFICATION FOR STARTING OUT?
Data security firm Netwrix considers the CompTIA Security+ the ideal certification for those entering the cybersecurity field. Although other certifications may offer subject matter and challenges that dive deeper into specific issues that are more appropriate for seasoned professionals, the Security+ certification process and exams fit ideally with the needs of new security professionals.
WHAT JOBS CAN I GET WITH THE CompTIA SECURITY+ CERTIFICATION?
As a certification for entry-level or ground floor career opportunities, CompTIA Security+ certificate holders often work in jobs with titles such as:
- Junior IT Auditor/ Penetration Tester
- Security Specialist
- Security Consultant
- Security Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Security Administrator
WHAT DOES THE CompTIA SECURITY+ EXAM COVER?
The Security+ exam is a comprehensive test of your ability to:
- Install, configure and troubleshoot systems to ensure the security of applications, networks, and devices
- Detect, analyze and mitigate threats to systems and information
- Participate in activities that mitigate and address risks to information and devices
- Be aware of and follow policies, laws, and regulations as applicable
- Support network operations, information and devices following the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability
CAN CYBERSECURITY PROFESSIONALS WORK REMOTELY?
Although many cybersecurity jobs require access to highly confidential information including systems configurations, CompTIA notes that many support and user-facing jobs are shifting to a remote or work from home (WFH) basis. Especially given secure connections and reliable protocols, network security may offer opportunities for remote careers.
- Perform network design security, risk calculations, penetration testing, and risk management
- Implement device security, wireless security, static environment security, secure authentication methods, and authorization models
- Manage attack types, mitigating malware, discovery tools, and security administrative principles
- Develop the necessary skills for a career as an IA technician, security consultant, information security analyst, or forensic analyst
- Create an initial understanding of or build upon your existing IT knowledge by exploring computer and network security concepts
- Prepare to successfully pass the CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-501
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take the course. However, CompTIA recommends having up to two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus for the Security+ exam.
SECURITY ATTACKS AND CRYPTOGRAPHY
Malware and social engineering attacks, basic cryptography
SECURITY AND NETWORKING
Advanced cryptography and PKI, application and networking-based attacks, network security devices, design, and technology
SECURING NETWORKS AND CLIENTS
Administering a secure network, wireless network security, client and application security
MOBILE SECURITY AND ACCESS MANAGEMENT
Mobile and embedded device security, authentication, account and access management
BUSINESS CONTINUITY AND RISK MITIGATION
Vulnerability assessment and data security, backup and recovery, implementing software RAID
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.