President’s Announcement for Fall 2021
Dear Students and Families,
We are excited to welcome everyone back on campus this fall! The Fall 2021 semester officially begins on Monday, August 30. Our students can expect to return to a full college experience with in-person classrooms, hands-on labs and learning experiences, and engaging student programming.
In preparing for the fall semester, we have carefully considered the best way to protect our community from COVID and its highly contagious Delta variant. The health and wellbeing of our campus community remains our top priority. Our safety plan includes the following:
- All students living on campus are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID prior to the start of the fall semester, with limited exceptions for those approved for a health or religious exemption.
- All non-residential students who will be on campus for any reason this fall are expected to be vaccinated prior to the start of the semester. Governor Cuomo has stated that vaccinations for all students will be mandatory as soon as a COVID vaccine receives full FDA approval.
- Unvaccinated students will have limited use of campus facilities (such as the fitness center, swimming pool, and dining centers).
- Masks are required to be worn by everyone indoors, regardless of vaccination status, except when alone in one’s own residence hall room or office or while seated for eating or drinking.
- Students, faculty, and staff are required to take part in the surveillance testing the first week of classes. After the first week, vaccinated individuals will test periodically, and unvaccinated individuals will be tested regularly. If exposed to a positive COVID case, vaccinated individuals do not need to quarantine, while unvaccinated individuals are required to quarantine for a minimum of 10 days.
These decisions were made with guidance from local, state, and national healthcare professionals. Following these protocols allows us to offer our students the full college experience, both academically and socially. Once the vast majority of the campus community is vaccinated, we look forward to being able to modify or eliminate some of the health protocols.
If you are already vaccinated, or once you get vaccinated, submit a copy of your vaccination card to Health Services in the patient portal. If you haven’t been vaccinated, please go to the Get Vaccinated web page to locate a COVID vaccination site near you or call your healthcare provider.
The Fall 2021 plan information is available on our website. Please check the web page and read your SUNY Delhi email often for updates and additional information. If you have questions, please read the FAQs on our web page. If your questions are still unanswered, you can send an email to Fall2021@delhi.edu.
Thank you for your continued support in keeping our campus healthy and open this fall. We look forward to your arrival to campus in August!
Dr. Michael R. Laliberte
Updated: Monday, July 26, 2021