Summer & Fall 2021 Semester Information
SUNY Delhi Summer 2021 Updated Guidelines for Campus Health Protocols
Effective June 24, 2021
Guidelines for Students (Residential and Those Working On Campus):
Daily Health Screening: Residential students who sign and submit the COVID Symptom Statement to Health Services, agreeing to self-monitor for symptoms and to not leave their residence hall and contact Health Services if any symptoms are present, will no longer be required to complete the Daily Student Health Screening Tool. Residential students will be required to submit a monthly health assessment to Health Services. Information regarding the COVID symptom statement and monthly health assessment will be sent to students via email.
Masks & Social Distancing: Unvaccinated students are required to wear a mask and maintain six feet of social distance at all times (indoors and outdoors), except in their private residence. If a student provides medical documentation of being fully vaccinated to Health Services and it has been at least two weeks after their last vaccination dose, they will no longer be required to wear a mask or maintain social distance from others, except in on-campus buildings. Students must submit a photo of their COVID vaccination card to Health Services via the Student Patient Portal. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-746-4690.
Weekly Surveillance Testing: Unvaccinated students are required to attend weekly surveillance testing. Fully vaccinated students who provide documentation to Health Services via the Student Patient Portal are not required to participate in weekly surveillance pool testing. Students will be required to participate in surveillance testing on a monthly basis, even if fully vaccinated, and will receive an email from Health Services regarding the day/time of the testing. Questions may be directed to email@example.com or 607-746-4690.
Guidelines for All State Employees:
The New York State Governor’s Office of Employee Relations and the New York State Department of Health have provided updated summer guidance, effective immediately, for fully vaccinated state employees and individuals working at state-owned properties that includes:
- Fully vaccinated individuals who voluntarily submit approved proof of vaccination
to Human Resources are no longer required to wear masks or maintain social distancing
on campus, indoors or outdoors.
Unvaccinated individuals, or those who choose not to disclose their vaccine status, are still required to wear masks indoors, unless they are alone in their private office space or while eating or drinking, and must maintain social distance from others both indoors and outdoors.
- Individual room capacity limits indoors are no longer required for fully vaccinated
If indoors meetings/gatherings include unvaccinated individuals/those who choose not to disclose their vaccine status, capacity is limited by the ability for those individuals to maintain six feet of social distancing between themselves and others.
- Daily health screening is no longer required for any employee for the summer.
Please continue to exercise caution, and do not report to work if you feel ill. All employees must still report to Human Resources if they: (a) test positive for COVID-19; or (b) have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Weekly surveillance testing during the summer is no longer required of fully vaccinated individuals who voluntarily submit approved proof of vaccination to Human Resources. Weekly surveillance testing will continue to be mandatory for unvaccinated individuals, or those who choose not to disclose their vaccine status. Occasional testing for vaccinated individuals will still be conducted to identify asymptomatic individuals and help prevent a future outbreak. Testing guidance for the fall semester is still pending, and will be communicated to the campus community once received.
- Unvaccinated/unknown vaccination status individuals may remove their masks indoors only while eating/drinking or working at their workstation alone. In all other situations, unvaccinated/unknown vaccination status individuals must continue to wear their masks indoors. Unvaccinated/unknown status individuals are not required to wear masks outdoors when alone or with others, as long as they maintain social distance from others.
Any visitors (e.g., admissions tours, pre-approved vendors, contractors, delivery personnel, etc.) to the SUNY Delhi campus must first report to University Police, wear a mask, complete a visitor health and safety checklist, and maintain six feet of social distance from others while on campus.
Residence Hall Guests/Visitors:
All guests and visitors to the campus residence halls must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test or full COVID vaccination to the Office of Residence Life before arrival. The visitor's campus host will be provided with a guest pass that must be presented upon request. Guest passes can be obtained Monday to Friday, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Office of Residence Life, Catskill Hall, Room 111. Please contact Residence Life for more details, or with questions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-746-4630.
Overall Summer Guidelines:
The campus will continue to report testing results daily through the SUNY Health Portal during the summer.
Any incidents of non-compliance with the above protocols will continue to be handled through the Campus Code of Conduct for students, Human Resources for State employees, and CADI for non-State employees.
Health & Religious Waivers:
Information regarding religious and health waivers has not been determined by the State or SUNY. Once the waiver guidelines have been finalized and shared, we will update this web page with that information and share them with the campus community.
Disclaimer: The summer guidelines and campus health protocols are subject to change.
Fall 2021 - Effective August 1, 2021
In preparing for the Fall 2021 semester, SUNY Delhi’s priority is to offer exceptional academic programs while ensuring the health and wellness of our campus community amid the ongoing pandemic. As we learned from the past year, all plans are tentative and may change given the guidelines, recommendations, and mandates from the Centers for Disease Control, Department of Health, SUNY, and the Governor’s office. It is therefore critical to allow for flexibility and adaptability as we move forward.
SUNY Delhi’s overall plan for the Fall 2021 semester currently includes the following:
- Begin full-semester classes on Monday, August 30.
- Teach in-person classes and labs for programs originally designed to be taught face-to-face.
- Offer online classes for programs originally designed to be taught online.
- Follow the Academic Calendar which includes a fall and Thanksgiving break.
- Offer our Welcome Weekend for new students on August 26-29.
- Continue offering on-campus housing to all full-time students.
- Expand on-campus dining venues to offer a variety of food options.
- Offer in-person student life programming and activities, as well as sports competitions and access to the fitness center and pool.
- Begin to host off-campus visitors for events and activities, following campus protocols.
In order for the Fall 2021 semester to be successful, the plan includes the following COVID-19 health and safety protocols:
The campus is planning to operate under the vaccination honor system protocol for fall. The health protocols for the honor system allow fully-vaccinated individuals to no longer wear a mask or maintain social distance on campus and require unvaccinated individuals to wear a mask indoors and maintain social distance when possible. The campus task forces will be meeting to develop the details for the fall plan. Updated information about the fall plan will be on the SUNY Delhi website once available.
- Fully-vaccinated individuals who fall within the CDC guidelines will not be required to quarantine if they are exposed to someone who tests positive for COVID-19.
On May 10, the Governor of New York announced that all SUNY and CUNY schools will require vaccinations for all in-person students beginning Fall 2021. This requirement is subject to the FDA providing full approval for the vaccine, beyond the current emergency use authorization. Certain medical and religious exemptions will be permitted. More information will be forthcoming.
- Everyone is required to participate in surveillance pool testing upon arrival to campus.
- Surveillance testing for any individual coming to campus will continue, although the specific details on frequency and exemptions have yet to be determined.
More information for students, families, faculty, staff, and the community can be found in SUNY’s guidance for Fall 2021.