Admissions Guide for Veterans

Admissions Guide for Veterans

Apply for VA Educational Benefits

1. Apply for your Veterans Educational Entitlements through the Department of Veteran Affairs.

  • If you have any difficulties, please note that you can reach the VA at 1-888-GI-BILL-1, 1-888-442-4551.

2. Here is a list of the items that SUNY Delhi will require to certify your enrollment:

  • Complete the SUNY Delhi Veteran Student Status Form (pdf). You are required to fill this out before every academic year before you are  able to be certified for benefits. If you are a transfer student, you must submit a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (22-1995) (pdf) and provide a signed copy of this form to the SUNY Delhi VA Office.
  • Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility. You should receive this from the Buffalo Regional VA Office after they reach a determination on your eligibility for Veterans Benefits.
  • (optional) Provide a copy of your DD-214 Member 4.  This will help us advise you.
  • A copy of any Kicker Program documentation (Army/Navy/Marine Corps/Air Force College Fund, etc.)

Provide a copy of any other supporting documentation relating to your educational entitlements. (Optional for Transfer Students)

Please submit appropriate documents to: Traci Raymond, SUNY Delhi Certifying Official
Traci is the VA certifying officer for our campus and can also assist you with other financial aid issues as well. You may submit the information in person, via email, fax or U.S. mail:

      Phone: 1-800-96-DELHI, 607-746-4571
      Fax: 607-746-4104
      Mailing Address:
      Financial Aid Office, Traci Raymond, Certifying Official
      SUNY Delhi, Financial Aid Office, 454 Delhi Drive, Bush Hall, Delhi, NY 13753

Apply to SUNY Delhi

1. Complete the SUNY application online.

  • Be sure to indicate SUNY Delhi as the school you are interested in attending.

2. Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee or request a fee waiver (pdf).

3. Required Documentation:

  • Official copy of High School Transcript - must include all NYS Regents scores
  • Equivalency Exam Scores (GED students only)
  • Official College Transcript from each college attended (transfers & students with college credits)
  • Some applicants may be asked to submit supplemental admissions forms.
  • SAT, ACT, Personal Essays, and Letters of Recommendations are NOT required, unless specifically requested by the Admissions Office. Applicants may provide these documents as a supplement to their application, if they wish to do so. You can apply to earn credit for your military experience by supplying a Joint Services Transcript (JST) to the SUNY Delhi Registrar. The Army, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and Navy are now using a Joint Services Transcript (JST). The new program has merged AARTS, SMART, and CGI to a single transcript program. The Air Force supplies Military Transcripts separately.
  • Please note that SUNY Delhi will evaluate your military transcripts and provide as much transfer credit as possible in accordance with your program of study and university policies.

Apply for Financial Aid

1. Obtain your FSA ID

  • Keep your FSA ID in a safe place.
  • Use your FSA ID as an electronic signature on the FAFSA and other aid applications.

2. File the FAFSA on the web as soon after January 1 as possible.

  • Filing online is highly recommended. It speeds the aid process.
  • Questions? Click here for "7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA." For a paper FAFSA, call 1-800-4FEDAID. SUNY Delhi does not have paper FAFSAs.
  • List SUNY Delhi on your FAFSA. Our Federal school code is 002857.

3. Complete a Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application (New York State residents only)

4. Review your financial aid awards on Bronco Web.

  • SUNY Delhi will send you all forms, applications, and instructions needed to complete your aid, including student and parent loans. Read and follow all directions carefully.
  • Respond promptly to all requests from SUNY Delhi for additional information.
  • Use New York State Higher Education Services Corporation to check the status of your TAP awards.
  • Use U.S. Federal Student Aid to check the status of your federal direct loans.
  • Track your progress by printing out a copy of this page.
  • Contact the Financial Aid Office if you have questions: 1-800-96-DELHI, 1-607-746-4570 or