Residential Construction (AAS, AOS)
Prepare for employment in the construction trades or to start your own business with SUNY Delhi's two-year Residential Construction AOS and AAS degrees.
Both programs emphasize hand skills and techniques used in residential construction to educate skilled craftsmen and craftswomen. You'll gain on-the-job experience through regular real-world assignments to prepare for direct employment or to start your own business in residential construction, remodeling or woodworking.
The Associate in Occupational Studies degree is primarily aimed at direct employment, while the Associate in Applied Science degree includes a broader liberal arts, math and science component to prepare students for either employment or transfer to an advanced degree program.
- Easy transfer to SUNY Delhi's Bachelor of Technology in Construction Management program
- SUNY Delhi has the nation's oldest post-secondary construction program
- Study under expert faculty who work in the field
- Accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE)
Recommended Admission Requirements
- 73 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma or 2.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
- Completed Coursework in Algebra
- 75 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma or 2.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
- Completed Coursework in Algebra and Geometry; Algebra 2/Trigonometry Recommended
SUNY Curriculum Codes:
- AAS Residential Construction: 1392
- AOS Residential Construction: 0503