Nursing Dual Degree
To prepare professional nurses who integrate health care expertise with civic responsibility in a dynamic and complex health care arena and enable graduates to be employed and contribute within their community through service, leadership, and education.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Evidence-Based Practice: Integrate best practices congruent with current evidence, patient/family preferences, and values into delivery of optimal care.
- Safety: Employ safety standards to minimize risk of harm to patients and providers.
- Patient-Centered Care: Deliver care that is compassionate, ethical, coordinated and based on respect for patient/family diversity, preferences, values and needs.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Collaborate within nursing and healthcare teams applying open communication, mutual respect, and shared decision-making in the delivery of optimal care.
- Quality Improvement: Utilize data to monitor outcomes of care and continuously improve the quality and safety of patient care.
- Informatics: Exhibit understanding of information and technology to communicate and support decision
making in delivery of safe and quality health care.
|Expected Level of Achievement||Student Achievement Outcome Data|
|Graduates will meet or exceed the national and state pass rate on the NCLEX-RN licensing examination.||2018 pass rate: 84%, NYS 88.38, national 86.61|
|90% of graduates will express
satisfaction with the nursing program.
|2018: 100% of graduates indicate they have met program student learning outcomes|
|Graduation rate will meet or exceed 50%.||2018 graduation rate: 55%|
|Retention rate will meet or exceed 50%.||2017-2018 retention rate 54%|
|90% of graduates will be employed as a registered nurse within six months of graduation or will be enrolled in a graduate program.||2017 graduates: 92% of graduates are employed|
SUNY Delhi's ADN and RN to BSN programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). ACEN is located at 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, Georgia, 30326; phone: 404-975-5000.