Admission to the Nursing Program
- Associate degree: Nursing: Pre-Licensure Program (Fall Semester Only) Preferred Deadline for all materials: February 1
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Dual Degree (Fall Semester Only) Preferred Deadline: February 1
- All accepted, deposit-paid students must attend an in-person Bronco Ready day by June 4, 2023
TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills)
The ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) is designed specifically to assess a student's preparedness entering the health science fields. The ATI TEAS Test will be administered as a part of your basic admissions requirements. The ATI TEAS Test is similar to the SAT or ACT; however, it is designed specifically for health science schools like Nursing or Allied Health. The score you receive on the ATI TEAS Test will help schools determine your readiness for a Nursing or Allied Health program.
The ATI TEAS Test is comprised of 170 questions set up in a multiple-choice format. Questions are designed to test the basic academic skills you will need to perform in class in the areas of: Reading, Math, Science and English and Language Usage.
- High School Requirements
• 80 + GPA
• TEAS Exam with a 65 or higher
• NY State Students must have a Regents Diploma
• 4 Years English
• 3 Years Math
• 3 Years Science (Biology/living environment required)
• Suggested additional Biology, field experience (BOCES, Volunteer, work in the field)
Please Note: Completion of the minimum prerequisite courses does not guarantee admission. Applicants are ranked according to grades and TEAS exam score. If your Regents exam was canceled due to COVID, the final class grade will be used in our rubric. (Please seeTEAS Exam Information (pdf) for more information.)
- TEAS Exam Requirements
TEAS total exam score of 65 or higher will be considered for admission. Associates Nursing: Pre-Licensure program and Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Dual Degree, require the TEAS exam with a Total Exam Score: 65.
- TEAS Remote Proctored Exam at ATI: Information (pdf)
- TEAS Scores are valid for one calendar year (from February 1 deadline). Students may take the exam two times in a calendar year and must wait a minimum of 30 days in between tests.
- Final decisions on applications are sent as soon as TEAS Exam and required documents are received. The preferred deadline for all information is February 1.
- Transfer Requirements
- How to Register for TEAS
- Visit ATI Testing and create a user account.
- Log in to ATI Testing with your new username and password, and select the online store.
- Choose “Register for the TEAS.” Please check with the school to which you are applying to determine if they administer the ATI TEAS Exam on campus, or if they use a testing center such as PSI. This will determine how you register for the ATI TEAS.
- During the ATI TEAS Test Registration, you will be asked to choose an institution (school). A transcript of your ATI TEAS Test results will automatically be sent to that school. You can send results to more than one school for an additional
- Following registration, you will receive a confirmation email from ATI. If you are registering for the ATI TEAS Test through a PSI Testing Center, you will receive an email from PSI with additional registration instructions.
- Click here to see more details on registering for the ATI TEAS Test.
- How to Prepare for TEAS
Nursing Education has developed several options for preparation of the ATI TEAS Test.
ATI TEAS SmartPrep Package
The most comprehensive TEAS preparation package includes ATI TEAS SmartPrep, a self-directed online tutorial with over 65 Lessons and 650 practice questions, two ATI TEAS Online Practice Tests, and the printed ATI TEAS Study Guide, all mapped to the actual ATI TEAS Test, so you study exactly what you need to know to get the highest score possible.
ATI TEAS Basic Package
This includes both versions of the ATI TEAS Online Practice Test and the printed ATI TEAS Study Guide.
ATI TEAS Online Practice Tests
Prepare for the ATI TEAS with two different practice tests. Each test has 150 practice questions with detailed explanations on both right and wrong answers. These tests are patterned after the actual ATI TEAS Test, providing a realistic practice environment for test day.
ATI TEAS Study Guide
The TEAS Study Guide contains practice problems for each section of the exam, in addition to two comprehensive paper/pencil practice tests. It also includes a detailed explanation of each exam objective in addition to two or more practice problems. Each of these practice problems contain solutions and explanations to help you understand the rationale behind the answers.