Policies & Requirements
Policies & Requirements
"Non-matriculated" or "non-degree" refers to a student who is not formally enrolled in a degree or certificate program - he/she is simply taking classes. We also use the term "Continuing Education" to refer to this type of enrollment.
- Non-matriculated students may be part time (less than 12 credit hours/semester). Full-time registration (12 or more credit hours per semester) is generally not permitted unless approved by the Director of Admissions.
- Non-matriculated students may NOT live in SUNY Delhi residence halls. There may be an exception for summer session.
- Non-matriculated students are NOT eligible for financial aid.
- Non-matriculated students may NOT accumulate more than 12 credit hours in non-matriculated status. (Advisement and permission is required for students approaching the 12 credit mark.)
- Generally, once a non-matriculated student has accumulated 12 credits, if he/she wishes to earn a degree from SUNY Delhi, he/she must apply for matriculation into a degree program using the SUNY application. Credits earned over the initial 12 as a non-matriculated student may not apply toward graduation from SUNY Delhi.
- Students who have been academically dismissed from SUNY Delhi may NOT take on-campus classes in non-matriculated status at SUNY Delhi. Only individuals who are permanent residents of Delaware County, or whose permanent residence lies within a 40 mile radius of the college, may request such permission from Enrollment Services.
Non-matriculated students may enroll in SUNY Delhi courses as long as the course has seat availability and the student meets course prerequisites. Applied Technologies, Nursing, and Veterinary Science Technology courses require special permission from the Dean of the Academic School and/or the course instructor, as these courses are open only to students majoring in those particular programs. More on How to Register
All bills are to be paid by the first day of classes. Students with unpaid bills may be dropped from their courses for non-payment. Prior notification will be emailed to you. More about Costs & Payment
The college reserves the right to cancel any course which does not maintain sufficient enrollment to warrant its offering. If a course is cancelled, you will be notified approximately one week before the start of classes.
The Registrar's Office, 124 Bush Hall, must receive written and signed notification of a student withdrawing. This procedure also applies to individuals who withdraw prior to the first day of classes. Continuing Education students wishing to withdraw should complete the Continuing Education Application for Withdrawal Form. Completed forms can be faxed to 607-746 4569, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please send from student email account.)
Textbooks may be ordered for classes online through the SUNY Delhi Campus Store.
There are certain health requirements for college admission.
Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
Please visit Access & Equity Services to learn more.