Apply as a Student Veteran
SUNY Delhi is Military and Veteran Friendly. We are committed to helping you make
a successful transition from a military lifestyle to an academic lifestyle. Whether
you are a Veteran, Active Duty Service Member, Member of the National Guard, Reservist
or Dependent, the Office of Veteran Affairs is here to serve you and do everything
in our power to help ensure your success at SUNY Delhi.
Whether you plan to study part time while on active duty, or full time upon fulfillment of your military service obligation, SUNY Delhi would like to help you achieve your education goals.
Visit the SUNY Delhi Veteran Affairs Office for more information.
How to Apply
- Complete either the SUNY Online Application or the Common Application.
Be sure to indicate SUNY Delhi as the school you are interested in attending.
- Submit the $50 non-refundable application fee or request a SUNY Application Fee Waiver (pdf).
Information on the Common Application fee waiver can be found at The Common Application Applicant Solutions Center.
SUNY and CUNY Associate Degree Graduates: The State University of New York waives the $50 application fee for up to seven college choices for transfer students graduating with an associate degree from a SUNY or CUNY college who apply directly from graduation to the State University of New York for a bachelor's degree program. If you're a transfer student seeking the fee waiver, you must answer "yes" to the first question in the "Transfer History" section of the "Academic History" tab.
- Send all required documents (listed below) to:
SUNY Delhi Admissions
454 Delhi Drive
Delhi, NY 13753-4454
- Official High School Transcripts or equivalency scores (First-Year Applicants)
- Test Optional: ACT or SAT Test Scores
SUNY Delhi Score Report Codes: ACT: 2916 SAT: 2525
- All Official College Transcripts (Transfer Applicants)
- For further details on First-Year and Transfer Admissions and Application Plans
Required Veterans Educational Entitlements Documents
- Completed SUNY Delhi Veteran Student Status Form. If you are a transfer student, you must submit a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training 22-1995 (pdf) and provide a signed copy of this form to the SUNY Delhi VA Office.
- Copy of your Certificate of Eligibility
- (optional) Copy of your DD-214 Member 4 (This will help us advise you.)
- Copy of any Kicker Program documentation (Army/Navy/Marine Corps/Air Force College Fund, etc.)
- You can apply to earn credit for your military experience by supplying a Joint Services Transcript (JST) to the SUNY Delhi registrar. Joint Services Transcript Guide (pdf)
- Copy of any other supporting documentation relating to your educational entitlements (optional for transfer students)
- Submit required documents to:
Traci Raymond, SUNY Delhi Certifying Official
Financial Aid Office
454 Delhi Drive, Bush Hall
Delhi, NY 13753
Campus Benefits for Student Veterans
In addition to our Campus Services for Veterans, there are also many more benefits to attending SUNY Delhi as a Veteran:
- Parking Fee Waiver - Student Veterans just need to show their DD-214 to our University Police during registration and then they do not have to pay the campus parking fee.
- Child Care - The SUNY Delhi Campus Child Care Center offers a modified rate for enrolled students. The rates are determined by income (sliding scale).
- Student Accounts Bill Deferment - We understand that student veteran educational benefits sometimes can take a significant amount of time to be processed and paid to veterans. Student Veterans who have confirmed educational benefits may have SUNY Delhi bills deferred pending the receipt of educational benefits from the VA. Those deferments would be made for any cost that has confirmation of coverage by VA benefits. This can only be done for SUNY Delhi costs. Off-campus housing is not covered under this program. SUNY Delhi will certify all mandatory fees for students and will provide 0% interest loans for textbooks and supplies. Typically, this is done to supplement a student veteran's costs as they wait for their educational benefits to be paid.
- SUNY Delhi participates in the Veterans Tutorial Assistance Program.
- Military Credit Evaluation - SUNY Delhi will evaluate your military transcripts (AARTS, SMARTS, ACE, etc.) and provide as much transfer credit as possible in accordance with your program of study and university policies.
- VA Work Study - SUNY Delhi is an approved Work Study site for the Department of Veteran Affairs. Department of Veteran Affairs Work Study Program Information and Application .
- Webucator Online Self-Paced Classes - Exclusively free for Student Veterans! These are online self-paced courses that provide access to training on various topics, such as frequently utilized software programs (Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Java, Oracle, and much more), social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), and general programs such as Customer Service, Professional Writing and much more. If you are interested, please contact Dr. Leonel Diaz Jr. at email@example.com for access.