Early Financial Aid Refunds
Early Financial Aid Refunds
Update as of 9/24/2020:
At this time, the early refund request process has ended for the Fall 2020 semester. Students who are due a refund should have their Bank Mobile refund preference set up to ensure timely processing of funds that will begin to process on or after 9/28/2020.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, SUNY Delhi has recently made changes to the financial aid refund schedule. Student refunds for the fall semester will begin to process on or after September 28, 2020, for eligible students. At that time, refunds will be processed using the student's refund preference through Bank Mobile. For more information about refunds or setting up a refund preference, visit our College & Financial Aid Refunds page.
To accommodate the needs of our students, we are accepting requests for students to receive a portion of their financial aid refund prior to the scheduled refund date to help cover the cost of books, materials, rent and/or other educational expenses.
Note: Early refund requests will be reviewed and released at the discretion of the college. Requests for funding prior to the scheduled refund date (listed above) may be reduced and/or prioritized based upon available funding.
Early Refund Information & Instruction
- What is a refund?
A refund is a payment due to the student (or parent) when a student's financial aid and/or payments exceed the costs listed on their semester bill. Sometimes, refunds are caused due to over borrowing student and/or parent loans. Loan borrowers should consider borrowing only what is needed to save money over time.
- Am I eligible for a refund?
Start by checking the status of your semester account balance. If your balance reflects a negative amount (credit balance), this means that you can anticipate a refund due to excess funds. A positive balance instead indicates the amount you owe to the college. Follow the steps below to review your account:
1. Log in to Bronco Web.
2. Click on ‘Student Account.’
3. Click ‘View your Bill’ (Right click the link and choose to open in a new tab if the page does not load).
4. Within QuikPAY, choose ‘View & Pay Accounts.’
- How will I receive my refund early?
- Depending on your needs, the method of receiving your refund early will vary. The
two delivery methods to choose from when requesting your refund early are as follows:
1) Transfer a portion of your refund to the campus bookstore for books/supplies and/or
2) Request your refund through Bank Mobile according to your refund preference.
- How do I request my refund early?
- Within Bronco Web, click on the ‘Student Services & Financial Aid’ tab and follow
the link to submit the ‘Early Refund Request’ form.
- How much of my refund can I request early?
- You may request an early refund up to the amount of your negative current account
balance (credit) listed in Bronco Web. All requests must be justified and approved
prior to receiving the funds. Typically, students only receive a portion of their
refund early to cover their immediate educational expenses. Remaining credit balances
will be refunded on or after our scheduled refund date (listed above).
Important: There are situations that will require a student to return some or all of their refund to SUNY Delhi. For example, students who withdraw, or if their aid eligibility changes, would subsequently owe a balance due to SUNY Delhi that may include the amount of their issued refund.
- How do I use my refund online at the book store?
Within the Early Refund Request form, you will have the option to transfer a portion of your refund to the campus Barnes & Noble Bookstore to be used when purchasing your books/supplies online or in person. Contact the bookstore for their availability for in-person purchases.
- How long will it take to receive my refund after submitting the Early Refund Request form?
- Early refunds will not be available before August 26, 2020 for the fall semester. However, students may submit early refund requests prior to this date for review. All other requests that are made on or after August 26 will be reviewed daily during our normal business hours. Typically, funds for most approved requests will be available within two to three business days. If you request to have your refund sent directly to you (not through the bookstore), please be sure that you have selected a refund preference through Bank Mobile to avoid any delays.
- If I do not spend all of my book money online through the bookstore, how will I receive the difference?
- Funds that have been transferred to the bookstore are available for purchases up to September 18, 2020. After this date, any unspent funds will be refunded to you through Bank Mobile.