GENERAL INFORMATION FOR GRADUATES
- Visit the Registrar's Office website to review graduation requirements.
- There is no rehearsal for commencement.
- Visit the Announcements page on the Campus Store website for information on purchasing caps and gowns. Each graduate is responsible for procuring an appropriate cap and gown to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Students who cannot pick up their caps and gowns in person may make mail order arrangements through the Campus Store, 607-746-4760.
- Students will be given guest tickets and a name card with the purchase of a cap and gown. Caps and gowns may be pre-ordered at the Campus Store starting Monday, November 2, and must be picked up between Monday, November 30 and Friday, December 11. Students may request as many guest tickets as they need.
- Students may visit the Campus Store after December 11 to find out if caps and gowns are still available.
- Students will be given a blank name card when you pick up your cap and gown. Write your contact information and bring the card to commencement. DO NOT LOSE THIS CARD. You will give your name card to the Reader when you ascend the stage.
- Participation in commencement is not proof of graduation. The only such evidence is your diploma or an official college transcript.
- Students should wear their tassel on the right prior to the ceremony.
- Diplomas will be mailed in February 2016. If you have questions about your diploma, please contact the Registrar's Office, 607-746-4560.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR GUESTS
- Directions and Lodging Accommodations
- Campus Map
- Guests are asked to follow the commencement signs. Curbside drop-off is available at Clark Field House, but there is no guest parking.
- Shuttle bus service will be provided to Clark Field House from all campus parking lots starting at 11:30 am and returning to campus parking lots following the ceremony.
- The ceremony will last approximately one and one-half hours.
- Each graduate will be photographed on stage with President Vancko and will receive a gift photo with their diploma. Additional photographs may be purchased following commencement by visiting Gerry Raymonda Photography. Guests are asked to refrain from leaving their seats during the ceremony to take photographs.
- A reception will be held in Farrell Center immediately following the ceremony.
- There is no reserved seating for guests. It is recommended that guests arrive early.
- Guests will be seated between 12:00 noon and 12:50 pm. Guests who arrive late will be seated after the processional.
- Wheelchairs, strollers, and infant carriers may not block walkways.
- Seating will be reserved for graduates, faculty and staff participating in commencement.
- Guests requiring accessible seating must contact Donna Ackerman at 607-746-4025 or firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1.
- An ASL interpreter will be provided by Empire Interpreting.
OFF SITE VIEWING