2021-2022 (Current Fiscal Year) Purchasing Deadlines
* Spending controls (Bulletin B-1223, Bulletin B-1182) placed in effect last spring will continue throughout the 2021-22 fiscal year end.
Specifically, non-payroll purchases will be limited to critical needs only. All purchases
require additional justification showing how it aligns with priorities of health and
safety, direct instruction, and student enrollment and retention.
- The last day to send requisitions for fiscal year 2021-22 (current fiscal year) to the Purchasing office for processing is May 25, 2022.
- We will not process requisitions for services that will take place after July 1, 2022 with funding from this year - these must be processed with fiscal year 2022-23 funding. (Example: maintenance agreements, service contracts, etc.) If the service begins before July 1, you can submit the requisition for processing with this year's funding, as long as we are paying for it in a lump sum.
- The only exception to the above-mentioned rule is registrations for conferences that occur after July 1 but must be paid in advance in order to secure a place at the conference.
- Any services or travel that will occur between May 25 and June 30, 2022 should be submitted by May 25, 2022 with “estimated” pricing if the actual prices are not known. This will enable our department to encumber the funds for you now.
- Anything that is purchased with 2021-22 fiscal year funding must be received by June 30 and paid for before August 3, otherwise the funding will come out of the 2022-23 fiscal year budget. We cannot prepay for items/services that are not received by the deadline. The items/services must be received by June 30 in order to make payment from fiscal year 2021-22 budget.
- If you have a blanket requisition that is still open after the May 25 deadline, please use it before June 30, 2022. All blanket requisitions will be considered complete as of June 30, 2022 and canceled off the system without further notice.
- Please feel free to submit 2022-23 blanket requisitions at your convenience, but note that we will not be able to process any requisitions for the 2022-23 fiscal year until approximately July 12, 2022. Our systems will be shut down the entire first week of July to make the switch from the old to new fiscal year.
- July 12, 2022 is only a tentative date, the date we hope we can begin processing new orders for the 2022-23 fiscal year.