The Campus Professional Development Committee administers the Individual Development Awards Program on the campus. The Individual Development Awards Program is designed to support a variety of professional development projects or activities by assisting eligible employees to develop their full professional potential and to prepare for advancement. Full-time employees who accrue annual leave are not required to charge those credits for any project or activity funded by an Individual Development Award.
The Campus Professional Development Committee is required to dedicate a minimum of 15 percent of the funds under this program to part-time employees. If applications from part-time employees amount to less than 15 percent of the total funds, then the remainder from the set aside amount can be reallocated to awards for full-time employees.
The maximum amount that can be awarded for each employee under this program is $1,000 per period. The actual amount awarded is based on the number of successful applications received and total amount requested. Employees may only be funded for one project or activity per award period.
All events must take place between July 2, 2020 and July 1, 2021. The application deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, May 7, 2021.
The types of support available include:
- Basic, applied, or historical research.
- Curriculum or instructional material development.
- Workshop, seminar, internship, or course work not covered by Article 49, Program for Tuition Assistance or SUNY tuition waiver.
- Conference participation or attendance.
- Preparation of material for publication.
- Grant proposal development.
- Artistic or creative endeavors.
- Other work-related professional development projects or activities.