Mildred & Louis Resnick Library
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I log in to the library?
- How do I check something out?
- What types of items can I borrow other than books?
- I checked out a book but need to keep it a little longer. Can I do that?
- What do I do if I returned something late? Is there a fine?
- Can a librarian come to my class to show students how to do research?
- Can I donate these old books I found in my grandma's basement?
- What do I do if the library doesn't have a book or article I need?
- Can I eat in the library?
- Can I reserve a room for my group to work on a class project together?
- Does the library have any movies to rent?
- Does the library have any good books to read?
- Can I print from my laptop/tablet?
- Does the library have guest wifi access?
- If you are trying to log in to the databases to search for articles, simply click on the link for any database from these lists: Databases by Subject or Databases A-Z . If you are off campus, you will be prompted to log in using the first part of your email address and the password you use for Vancko Hall.
- If you are trying to log in to view or renew materials you have checked out, go to My Library Card in MILO. It uses the same Delhi Single Sign On used to log in to email, Vancko Hall, etc.
- For more details and other library logins, see this page.
- Bring the item to the front desk on the main floor of the library with your SUNY Delhi ID card. Your ID is also your library card.
- If you need a textbook for class, it may be on reserve. Ask for reserve textbooks
at the front desk. You will also need your ID card to check out reserve items.
- Ask at the front desk to check out laptops, headphones, calculators, phone chargers, and USB drives. You can also check out school supplies including scissors, glue, rulers, and packets of highlighters & colored pencils. You will need your ID to check these things out, and they must remain in the library building (it's OK to take them over to the Resnick Academic Achievement Center).
- In addition to books, you can borrow DVDs and Blu-Ray discs. Simply bring the cases to the front desk to check them out.
- Yes. You can renew most checked-out items (including DVDs) by asking at the front
desk, or you can do it yourself online by logging in to My Library Card in MILO. Reserve items (like textbooks, laptops, etc.) are due when the library closes and
cannot be renewed.
- Check out this video for instructions about renewals.
- The library does not charge late fees for regular circulating items. There are late fees for reserve items and other special collections items, and you will get an email notifying you of this. If you get this email, pay your bill at Student Financial Services on the first floor of Bush Hall. The library does not collect money for fines at the front desk.
- Reserves: $5 per day
- Lost library materials:
- You are charged the replacement cost and a $22 processing fee.
- Return it within 30 days and you will not be charged a fine.
- Yes. You can also bring your class to the library's computer classroom, Bush 302, for a research instruction session with a librarian. Request library instruction using this form.
- Maybe. Take a look at the Library's gift policy first.
- You can use inter-library loan (ILL) to request the item from another library. The item will be delivered to the Resnick Library for you to pick up (or to your email, in the case of articles) at no cost to you!
Yes. The library has a "leave no trace" policy, so please clean up after yourself. We want you to be able to snack while you study, and we appreciate your cooperation in helping us keep it clean!
- Study rooms are unlocked until 4 p.m. on weekdays (except the Price Nursing room & Merrill Vet Sci Room) and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The full room use policy is available here.
- Yes, DVDs and Blu-Ray discs are located in the center shelves on the main floor. Most feature films (as opposed to non-fiction documentaries and instructional videos) have call numbers starting with PN. An alphabetical list of movies by title will be coming soon.
- If you're looking for something to read for fun, check out our leisure reading collection. These books are located in easy-to-browse shelving by author on the main floor, center section. You can also see what is new to the library here!
- Yes! You can follow these directions to print from any mobile device to the library's printers, however you do need to have money on your print account. You can add additional funds through the GET app or in the CADI Office.
- Yes, you can ask for guest access at the library desk. Wifi access is granted through a short term guest password.