Mildred & Louis Resnick Library
Online Students & Faculty Services
Welcome to Resnick Library's Virtual Face!
As online students & faculty, you will most likely never see the Resnick Library building or meet the library staff in person. However, Resnick Library has worked hard to provide a welcoming online environment to find your resources, get research help, and facilitate learning online. The following online services are available to all SUNY Delhi students and faculty:
The web page features 24/7 access to library resources and services. Read on to see the specifics of what we can provide for you:
- Research help with a live librarian: We provide the ability to chat with a librarian any time of day! During the library's building hours, a SUNY Delhi librarian is always logged into the "Ask a Librarian" chat box on all of the library's pages. After hours, the library's Ask Us 24/7 chat is available; you won't be chatting with a librarian from SUNY Delhi, but you will be chatting with an academic librarian from somewhere around the world.
- Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery: By clicking on the link for ILLiad (our Interlibrary Loan service) you can request articles that may not be available at Resnick Library. Also, if you find an item available in print at Resnick Library, contact a SUNY Delhi librarian, and we can scan a copy of the item and email it to you!
- Approximately 35,000 online journal titles are provided through about 30 databases. To access these from off-campus, you will be prompted to log in; just enter the same username and password used for Vancko Hall. All of these databases are accessible under the "Find Articles" linkin the navigation menu at left.
- Thousands of e-books (electronic books) are provided either through databases or publicly linked websites. All of the e-books are available under the "Find Books" linkin the navigation menu at left.
- Citation guides for MLA and APA formats are provided through SUNY Delhi's quick guides, as well as web links to other citation guides. There are even links to citation generators, and guidelines about copyright and plagiarism. These can be found under the "Cite Your Sources" link in the navigation menu at left.
- Research guides have been created for a number of specific courses and subject areas. Take a look at the "Research Guides" link in the navigation menu at left to see if a guide has been created for any of your courses.
- Web links to public and subscribed resources you may not have thought about. This includes links to dictionaries, converters, statistics, social searching, and more! These web links are all available under the "Find Websites" link in the navigation menu at left.
Resnick Library on Vancko Hall
Resnick Library has its own course in Vancko Hall to provide access to the resources described above. You can also get there from the home screen in Vancko Hall, by selecting "Links" in the gray menu near the top of the page, then "Library."
Resnick Library on Vancko Hall features quick links to the library web page and all of its resources (books, databases, webpages), the live chat box and Ask Us 24/7 link to interact with librarians, tutorials and guides for research, and forums to post questions/discuss library resources. It is designed to be a place to collaborate with librarians and peers to discover and exchange new information, methodologies, and resources in the world of research.
Your Online Librarian
Resnick Library has a librarian who is dedicated to supporting the library needs of online students and faculty. Meet Amanda Calabrese, your online librarian, in this video. Any available librarian can help with your research questions, but if you like the idea of personalized, one-on-one assistance, send the online librarian an email. For faculty, the online librarian can support your teaching in a variety of ways, ranging from creating research guides and video tutorials to helping select library materials to use in courses and providing real-time research instruction for your students. Find Amanda's contact information in our library staff directory.
To view a list of our FAQs, click here: /library/faqs.php OR from the Resnick Library Web Pages click on the "Ask A Librarian" link in the grey menu. The FAQs contain information about the collections and information on electronic login requirements for different library services.