Baking and Pastry Arts
Two-Year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree
Turn your passion for baking into a career!
Our brand new program in Baking & Pastry Arts prepares you for an exciting career
as a professional baker! With our long-standing tradition of excellence in culinary
and hospitality education, SUNY Delhi is the perfect place to develop specialized
baking and pastry skills, showcase your talent, and maximize your potential. Our curriculum
blends hands-on coursework with theory for a well-rounded understanding of baking
techniques and processes. You’ll be well prepared to pursue a career with major resorts,
production baking facilities, specialty grocery stores, or become your own boss as
a business owner!
The associate degree will allow you to enter the workforce directly or continue your studies in our bachelor’s degree in Baking & Pastry Arts Management to position yourself for managerial and leadership roles in the industry. You may also transfer seamlessly into one of our related bachelor’s programs Culinary Arts Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or Event Management.
The Delhi Difference
- Learn from experienced, award-winning faculty in our well-appointed learning labs with small class sizes.
- Bluestone, our brand new event center, features a student-run kitchen and restaurant.
- Gain experience by baking breads and rolls, making desserts, organizing and hosting events, managing a restaurant, and spending a summer interning at the side of a professional.
- Customize your curriculum with unique electives, including history of wines, ice carving, butchering, bartending, and event management.
- Participate in community service and volunteer opportunities, fundraisers, departmental activities, and field trips.
- Join our award-winning Gingerbread Team to create elaborate gingerbread houses for local competitions.
- Become a member of the Hospitality Club for professional development opportunities on and off campus.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates above-average job growth for bakers and bakery production managers through 2030.
Team Delhi wins Gingerbread Jubilee again!
What Can You Do With This Degree?
Assistant pastry chef