Hotel and Restaurant Management
Four-Year Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degree – also available online
Take your hospitality career to the next level!
Our in-depth hotel and restaurant management program dives deeper into the hospitality industry, preparing you for the responsibilities of managing the country’s premier resorts, hotels, and foodservice menus. You’ll develop skills tailored to the hospitality industry, giving you a competitive edge over those with general business degrees. You’ll be well prepared to enter the complex, diverse, and fulfilling hospitality field with the knowledge and confidence it takes to succeed. This program is also available online.
If you have strong attention to detail and enjoy being in charge, this program is a great fit for you! You’ll take courses in hospitality law, business communications, classical cuisine, marketing, accounting, hotel maintenance, convention management, and international business, among others. Hands-on learning is a key component of our program, and you’ll have frequent opportunities to practice your skills in the kitchens, restaurant, and hotel rooms on campus.
The Delhi Difference
- Learn from award-winning faculty who are leaders in their field with years of industry experience.
- Our model hotel suites on campus allow you to practice front office management, guest relations, and lodging accommodation management skills.
- Our facilities also include the brand new Bluestone Pub & Restaurant, as well as a large banquet/catering kitchen, baking and pastry kitchen, ice carving lab, full-scale butcher shop, and a lounge bar with a beverage lab. Culinary and hospitality students run our restaurant several days a week with service open to the general public.
- Small class sizes allow you to develop strong relationships with your peers and professors.
- Boost your resume and hone your skills with a summer internship between your first and second years of study (a total of 320 hours is required). You’ll graduate with real-world work experience!
- Take advantage of our partnership with the Walt Disney College Program for an opportunity to work at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL, for six months while earning college credit.
- Participate in related student clubs such as the Hotel Management Society, Club Managers Association of America, Escoffier Club, and the International Food Service Executive Association, for professional development and community service opportunities.
- Make valuable industry connections by networking with our alumni, industry guest speakers, and employer spotlights with chains like Hyatt, Hilton, and Marriott, which may lead to internships or job offers.
- Take field trips to casinos and resorts for an insider’s look into their hospitality operations.
- As our graduate, you’ll be given priority consideration for employment at The Otesaga, a luxury resort in Cooperstown, NY.
My experience with SUNY Delhi, was nothing short of incredible. As an active duty service member attending classes online the faculty were accommodating, understanding, and enthusiastic to interact with me. There was never a moment that I didn’t feel included as a student as both the administrative staff and the academic staff were eager to help! I was able to finish my degree quicker than I thought, and they provided me life-long connections that I still utilize to this day.Robert Maxwell '17
What Can You Do with This Degree?
- Hotel/resort sales director
- Boutique hotel or bed & breakfast owner/operator
- Banquet/events manager
- Human resources or purchasing manager
- Guest services supervisor
- Business operations manager
- Hotel/restaurant/club general manager
Nathan Monfett ’13 – General Manager, Residence Inn by Marriott, Kingston, NY
Guy Triano ’98 – CEO American Red Cross Southeastern Pennsylvania Region, Philadelphia, PA
Brettlyn Robinson ’19 – Front Desk Team Leader, Parkview Hotel, Syracuse, NY
Eleftheria Sigala ’19 – Owner, Corali Hotel & Coral Kitchen, Los Cyclades, South Agean, Greece