Culinary Arts Management
Culinary Arts Management (BBA)
SUNY Delhi's Culinary Arts program has gained national and international honors. The Bachelor of Business Administration in Culinary Arts Management degree prepares you for the rigors of managing and running a culinary facility with courses in financial management and organization. While the associate degree program deals with the hands-on duties of a chef, the bachelor's degree program prepares you for the fiscal responsibilities and management duties that executive chefs face every day.
- Hands-on Experience. Host banquets, run a restaurant, and spend a summer interning at the side of a professional.
- Baking Advisory Track. SUNY Delhi offers one of the few baking options in the country for associate degree students.
- Award-Winning Faculty. All of our faculty are professional chef-instructors who have worked as restaurant chefs, executive chefs, personal chefs and restaurant owners.
- Winning team. In the last eight years, our students have won more than 500 individual and team medals, including multiple ACF national titles.
- Entry-level Kitchen Manager
- Garde Manger
- Line Cook
- Night Chef
- Pastry Chef
- Sous Chef
- Head Chef
- Restaurant Owner
- Research Chef
Today's combined hospitality industry ranks third in size among the nation's industries; it is complex and diverse, requiring skilled professionals. Hospitality Management graduates have a competitive edge over those with degrees in general business or other programs not tailored to the industry.
The program includes a full-summer internship in which you'll spend 480 hours assisting a chef at an American Culinary Federation-certified restaurant.
SUNY Delhi students in all hospitality programs have the opportunity to participate in the Walt Disney College Program, working at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, for six months while earning college credit. Courses include Communications, Leadership, Hospitality Management, Human Resource Management, Disney Marketing U, and Disney Experiential Learning.
State-of-the-art culinary facilities include:
- A la carte kitchen for restaurant dining
- Specialized kitchen for banquet preparation
- Beverage lab with full bar
- Full-scale butcher shop
- Ice-carving lab
- Bluestone Pub & Restaurant, our newest lab, is located at the College Golf Course. Culinary and Hospitality students run the restaurant several days a week with service open to the general public
Recommended Admission Requirements
- First-Year Students - 75 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma;
SAT scores with a combined reading/writing and math score of 980 or a composite ACT score of 19
- Completed Coursework in Algebra, Geometry, and Biology (Living Environment)
- Transfer Students - 2.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
These are minimum requirements for admission consideration and do not guarantee admission to SUNY Delhi.
- SUNY Curriculum Code: 1622
Julio Chavez 2018 National Student Chef of the Year
Julio has been crowned the "2018 National Student Chef of the Year" by the American Culinary Foundation ACF Chefs in New Orleans where he has been competing against contenders from around the country!
Study Abroad in Italy
Read a travel journal recapping two students’ trip to Italy with Marco Polo Program Abroad during summer 2019.
Students Showcase Talents During Competitions
SUNY Delhi’s Hot Foods team took first place at the 2018 Copa Culinaria international cooking competition in held in Santiago, Chile.