Liberal Arts and Sciences: Environmental Studies
Two-year Associate in Science (AS) Degree
Play a part in protecting our future!
Prepare for a career in the rapidly growing field of sustainability and conservation. As more corporations and governments are beginning to focus on sustainability, they seek the expertise to help them make the right decisions. Our Environmental Studies program builds the foundation for you to take on roles in environmental advocacy. After graduation, you may choose to continue your studies with our unique Sustainability (BS) bachelor’s program.
If you want to impact the future and care for our planet, this program is designed for you! With courses in biology, ecology, environmental issues, world affairs, government, and more, you will learn how sustainability is impacted by our personal, social, economic, political, and environmental choices. Field trips, community service opportunities, and an internship will complement classroom learning.
The Delhi Difference
- Our campus is located in the Catskill Mountains by the New York City Watershed, offering you four-season access for research and exploration.
- Enjoy conducting research with faculty mentors – a rare opportunity at the two-year level.
- Learn from enthusiastic faculty who are experts in the field.
- Complete an environmental studies internship for real-world experience prior to graduation.
- Transfer seamlessly into our bachelor’s degree in Sustainability (BS) for advanced studies and career options. Other bachelor’s program options include Environmental Sustainability at SUNY Oneonta or related degrees at SUNY Binghamton, Cornell University, SUNY Environmental Sciences & Forestry (ESF), and more.
- Graduate into a growing field! Employment opportunities within the environmental conservation field are countless and varied. According to the U.S. Department of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for occupations within this field is projected to have above average growth through 2029.
What Can You Do With This Degree?
Support or assistant-level work in environmental science or related industries such as:
- environmental advocacy
- environmental law
- corporate sustainability