Four-year Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree
Be part of a positive change for our society!
Our new bachelor’s program in Sustainability offers a uniquely comprehensive approach to sustainability that can be applied to almost any industry. As many organizations implement sustainability measures to increase profits and manage risks, they look for employees with the knowledge and skills to lead the way toward managing resources and applying sustainable practices. Our program combines hard sciences with real-world skills and solutions with a focus on environmental protection, social responsibility, and the economy.
Start this program as a first-year student or transfer into the program from any associate degree.
If you want to help steer our future towards responsible, sustainable solutions, this program is for you! Your coursework will cover a multidisciplinary array of subjects from field biology and natural resources to microeconomics, public policy, and business ethics. You’ll gain a comprehensive understanding of how sustainability intersects with society, economy, and ecology.
The Delhi Difference
Learn from faculty with diverse areas of expertise for a thorough perspective into long-term economic, social, and environmental choices.
- Our small class sizes allow you to develop close relationships with your peers and professors.
- Enhance your learning with hands-on projects both in the classroom and in the local community, including field trips to local ecosystems such as Emmons Pond Bog, Delhi Outdoor Education Center, West Branch Reserve, and more.
- Choose from plenty of electives to study topics based on your interests or career goals.
- Participate in the Campus Green Team for trips, guest lectures, and community service opportunities.
- SUNY Delhi is ideally located in the New York City Watershed with access to specialty practices and regulations focused on protecting the environment and waterways that supply drinking water for the NYC metropolitan area.
- Take advantage of internship and career opportunities in your field of choice with advisement from our faculty.
- Enjoy diverse career options! According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, job growth in this area is expected to grow faster than average.
I landed my dream job in environmental education with the NYSDEC right after graduation! The sustainability program prepared me for this opportunity by giving me an excellent foundation on environmental skills, sustainable solutions, tree and invasive species identification, and much more. I’m excited to pass on my education and passion for sustainability and the environment to youth, helping them to become well-rounded individuals within this field. I’m grateful that this program has allowed me to reach my career goal.Dalton Waite '22
Our Sustainability graduates are change-makers wherever they go. By bringing their knowledge and experience gained at SUNY Delhi, they will lead many industries to a more responsible future - for our Mother Nature and each other.Dr. Joyce Shim, Dean of the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences
What Can You Do With This Degree?
- Jobs within several fields allowing for a special focus on sustainability/reducing environmental impact within the role (culinary arts, business, cyber operations, criminal justice, automotive, HVAC/refrigeration, and more).
- Positions specifically related to managing sustainable practices in a company (sustainability coordinator, green program manager, or director of corporate responsibility). These professionals are usually in charge of compliance with recycling, environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Management-level positions within your field requiring a bachelor’s degree.
- Work for a governmental environmental agency (NYS DEC and NYC DEP) or non-governmental environmental organizations (Audubon, The Nature Conservancy, Sierra Club, etc.).