Golf and Sports Turf Management
Golf and Sports Turf Management (AAS)
In SUNY Delhi's Golf and Sports Turf Management program, you'll learn the theory and
practice of proper turf management at one of the nation's leading colleges for golf
and grounds management. Our alumni manage golf courses and sports facilities across
the United States.
In our two-year program, you'll study and practice on our College Golf Course, athletic fields, and 480-acre campus. Summer internships at prestigious properties across the country let you continue your hands-on learning experience.
Graduates may start their career or continue on to earn a bachelor's degree in Golf and Sports Turf Management or the concentration in Athletic and Sports Field Management.
- Hands-on experience in real-life environments with state-of-the art equipment
- Numerous scholarships are awarded to Delhi turf students each year
- 100% job placement with a seamless transition to employment
- Nationwide network of alumni and industry contacts
- The Turf Club, a Student Chapter of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, serves as the official organization for students interested in golf course management and provides them with information about career directions
- The Horticulture Club promotes the development and advancement of Landscape Design and Management, Horticulture, and Golf and Sports Turf Management fields
- Athletic Field Facility Manager
- Golf Course Superintendent
- Sports Facility Manager
- Athletic Facility and Sports Field Construction
- Turf Industry Sales/Technical Representative
- Residential/Commercial Lawn & Landscape Manager
Students have the opportunity to participate in paid summer internships for college
credit at golf courses, athletic fields, landscaping and irrigation companies across
- Turf Education Center
- College Golf Course at Delhi
- Landscape design studio
- Computer labs with the latest software
- Display gardens with a wide variety of plant life
- 280-acre natural arboretum
- Tree and shrub nursery
SUNY Delhi graduates see 100% job placement and are working at some of the industry's most prestigious properties around the world.
Recommended Admission Requirements
- 75 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma or 2.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
- Completed Coursework in Algebra and Biology; Geometry and Chemistry Recommended
- SUNY Curriculum Code: 1063
Read a journal kept by current student, Mario Malagasi, on his experience at the National Association of Landscape Professionals 2018 national conference.