Business and Professional Golf Management
Four-Year Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degree
Ace your career in the golf industry with a first-class degree from SUNY Delhi, New York’s golf college.
Learn the game and business of golf at the only four-year Professional Golf Management
(PGM) program in New York. Our program prepares you for all facets of the golf industry.
With our premier 18-hole golf course and state-of-the-art facilities as your classroom,
you’ll be exceptionally well-prepared for a successful career in golf course operations,
management, and teaching.
If you love the game of golf and want to combine that passion with a business degree, this program is for you! You’ll learn about golf instruction and player development, golf course design and budgeting, retail operations, strategic management, guest services, and more.
The Delhi Difference
- Our graduates enjoy 100% job placement in the growing golf industry.
- Our faculty are PGA professionals with years of industry experience at top courses all over the country.
- Enjoy learning on one of the premier college-owned 18-hole golf courses in the country, including a 25-station outdoor driving range, a 34,000-sq.ft. practice green, an indoor swing analysis lab, and a state-of-the-art TopTracer golf simulator.
- Broaden your skills in the golf business and retail operations at the college golf course and fully equipped pro shop.
- Build unique marketable skills in our club design & repair lab.
- Gain valuable teaching experience by hosting youth golf clinics throughout the year.
- Try out for our competitive Division III men’s or women’s golf team.
- You will graduate prepared with hands-on experience from classes and labs held in the field and highly sought after internships at some of the world’s most prominent golf resorts.
- Four paid internships at a variety of courses ensure you will graduate prepared. Three internships are completed over the summers and often include lodging. The fourth internship is a 6-month placement which includes work in all facets of golf management.
My education at Delhi prepared me for everything my internship required from junior instruction and lessons to merchandising and setting up events. I was able to apply what I had learned in school and be competent at my job.Ryan Florack ’18
What Can You Do With This Degree?
Work for various industries or organizations like architectural firms, construction companies, engineering firms, government agencies, and manufacturers as a:
- Golf club professional/teaching professional
- Pro shop/retail manager
- Equipment specialist
- Industry sales representative
- Tournament director
- Golf facility general manager
- Golf association manager
- Golf coach or rules official
- Frank Gargano ’18, Owner of Shot Shaver Golf Instructional Business, Staten Island, NY
- David Kubiak ’10, PGA, Tour Representative for Bettinardi Golf, Tinley Park, IL
- Caleb Blass ’12, PGA, Head Golf Professional, Torreon Golf Club, Show Low, AZ
- Zach Maslyn ’10, PGA, General Manager – Skaneateles Country Club, Skaneateles, NY
- Dan Sciarrino ’14, PGA, Golf Teaching Professional– Lake Shore Country Club, Glencoe, IL
- View more alumni outcomes.