Business and Professional Golf Management
Business and Professional Golf Management (BBA)
We currently offer the only PGM option in the Northeast. Our program gives you a solid business foundation underlying golf-specific courses that range from managing a golf facility or running a tournament to teaching.
You'll have plenty of opportunities to improve your game while studying, thanks to the college's outstanding facilities that include an 18-hole course, expansive practice areas, swing analysis lab and pro shop.
- Only program in the Northeast United States, approved by the State Education Department
- Hands-on learning environment with real-world experiences
- Award-winning faculty made up of PGA members with more than 60 years of combined experience
- Four required internships at premier courses and facilities around the country
- Golf Club Professional
- Golf Teaching Professional
- Golf Retail Manager
- Golf Equipment Specialist
- College Golf Coach
- Golf Sales Representative
- Golf Rules Official
- Tournament Director
- Golf Facility General Manager
- Golf Association Manager
Most of our PGM graduates go to work as assistant pros or teaching pros, but you could also pursue different options within the industry: sales for a golf equipment manufacturer, starting your own teaching or equipment repair business or coaching high school or college level golf.
Recommended Admission Requirements
- First-Year Students - 75 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma; SAT scores with a combined reading/writing and math score of 980 or composite ACT or 19
- Completed Coursework in Algebra and Geometry; Algebra 2/Trigonometry Recommended
- 18 or less handicap verified in writing by the PGA golf professional at home course,
a letter of recommendation and competitive scoring history high school coach, or an
official USGA handicap card
- Transfer Students - 2.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
- 10 or less handicap certified by a PGA professional or college coach
Please note: These are minimum requirements for admission consideration and do not guarantee admission
to SUNY Delhi.
- Beautifully maintained 18-hole golf course. Owned and operated by the Delhi College Foundation, the entire facility serves as an academic laboratory for staff and students of the PGM program as well as all our golf, turf and landscape-related programs; it is also a community resource open to the public.
- 25-Station Driving Range
- 6,000 sq. ft. Practice Green. A long, undulating green that allows students to practice all types of putts
- Practice Bunker & Chipping Area. Great short game practice area including a bunker, fringe-height, fairway-height and rough-height areas from which to practice and teach
- Model Pro Shop managed by a qualified PGA Professional
- 34,000 sq. ft. Indoor Practice Facility. For off-season use. Helps students maintain playing ability and enhance their instructional skills.
- State-of-the-art Fitness Center. PGM students can enhance their playing ability utilizing golf-specific exercises, especially during the winter months.
- Golf Club Design & Repair Lab. State-of-the-art facility where students can hone their club repair skills.
- Swing Analysis Lab. Indoor practice and technology facility where students can work on their game year-round, and enhance their teaching skills with state-of-the-art technology.
- SUNY Curriculum Code: 1509
Student Spotlight: Ryan Florack
Meet Ryan and hear about how his internships and PGM professors helped him land a job before he even graduated.