Refrigeration and Instrumentation
Refrigeration and Instrumentation (AOS)
Learn a valuable set of skills to apply in a variety of fields with our two-year Refrigeration
and Instrumentation degree program.
The program prepares you for well-paying jobs with construction contractors, electronics manufacturers and companies that manufacture cooling systems. You might install and repair supermarket refrigeration systems, work with digital temperature control systems or maintain refrigerated ocean containers as they carry products around the globe.
With hands-on classes, students will learn to diagnose residential and commercial refrigeration and heating systems, observe the National Electric Code, use programmable logic controllers, and learn all aspects of servicing, troubleshooting, installing and manufacturing refrigeration systems.
- Train in the old-style apprenticeship approach, with plenty of time to practice your skills, take systems apart and put them back together.
- Work in the lab and on real-world projects with community partners.
- Five years after graduation, our alumni earn an average of $58,700. With more experience, you could work your way up to a six-figure salary.
- Service contractor for residential heating and air-conditioning systems
- Technician for commercial refrigeration systems
- Designer and installer of air-conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Heat pump technician
- Energy systems manager
Recommended Admission Requirements
- 73 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma or 2.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
- Completed Coursework in Algebra; Geometry and Algebra 2/Trigonometry Recommended
- SUNY Curriculum Code: 1160