Architectural Design and Building
Architectural Design and Building (BT)
With a Bachelor of Technology in Architectural Design and Building from SUNY Delhi, you'll be ready to start work at an architectural design firm or transfer to a Master of Architecture program to become a professional architect. Our graduates have gone on to earn master's degrees from prestigious institutions like Pratt Institute, Rochester Institute of Technology, and Philadelphia University.
You'll learn both the creative and technical process of rendering and designing buildings and how to prepare construction drawings, as well as gain a deep understanding of how buildings are constructed, what they're made of, how the parts work together, and how their mechanical systems operate.
- All courses taught by architects, engineers and construction professionals with extensive work experience.
- Fully-equipped construction laboratories and drafting studios that are accessible 24/7.
- Small class sizes encourage close interaction with faculty members and peers.
- Extracurricular field trips and community service opportunities.
- Project Manager
- Transfer to a Master of Architecture program to become a professional Architect.
- Attractive employment opportunities can be found with construction companies, architectural firms, engineering firms, government agencies, large corporations, and building products manufacturers.
- Fully-equipped construction laboratories and drafting studios that are accessible 24/7
- Design studios equipped with the latest industry-standard software
- High School Average: 80
- Algebra Regents: 75
- Geometry Regents: 75
- Trigonometry, Physics and Studio Art preferred
- GPA: 3.2
- SUNY Curriculum Code: 1852