Baking and Pastry Arts Management
Four-Year Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degree
Be the pastry chef in charge!
Our brand new bachelor’s program in Baking & Pastry Arts Management prepares you for
an exciting career in the growing baking and pastry industry! With our long-standing
tradition of excellence in culinary and hospitality education, SUNY Delhi is the perfect
place to train to become a skilled pastry chef or bakery owner.
The bachelor’s program expands on the technical skills gained at the associate level with a deeper dive into the baking and pastry industry. You’ll develop the leadership and managerial skills to oversee the business side of the pastry industry, such as financial operations and management duties.
The Delhi Difference
- Learn from experienced, award-winning faculty in our well-appointed learning labs with small class sizes.
- Join a tradition of winning! In the last decade, SUNY Delhi culinary students have won more than 500 individual and team competitions, including multiple state, regional, national, and international titles. Most recently, Julio Chavez ’19 won the ACF Student Chef of the Year and Carly Yezzo ’20 was selected to represent USA in the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs Young Chef International competition.
- Bluestone, our brand new event center, features a student-run kitchen and restaurant, allowing you frequent opportunities to practice your skills in a real-world setting.
- Gain experience by baking breads and rolls, making desserts, organizing and hosting events, managing a restaurant, and spending a summer interning at the side of a professional.
- Take electives in areas that interest you the most.
- Make valuable industry connections by networking with our alumni, industry guest speakers, and employer visits, which may lead to internships or job offers.
- Participate in community service and volunteer opportunities, fundraisers, departmental activities, and field trips.
- Join our award-winning Gingerbread Team to create elaborate gingerbread houses for local competitions.
- Become a member of the Hospitality Club for professional development opportunities on and off campus.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates above-average job growth for bakers and bakery production managers through 2030.
I’m very detail-oriented and enjoy the precision of baking and decorating. In culinary competitions, Delhi beats institutions whose entire campuses are dedicated to culinary arts. That made choosing Delhi easy. The teachers here are amazing. They help you to be your best and you get a lot of one-on-one time. I want to open up a bakery that specializes in dietary restrictions. At Delhi, we have courses specifically built for cooking with restrictions.Shaelie McClenon ‘22
What Can You Do With This Degree?
Wedding cake designer
Pastry chef instructor
Sara Rozina ‘17, Lead Baker – Tioga Downs Casino and Resort, Nichols, NY
- Jordan Polumbo ‘12, Owner – Hazel Rose Bakery, Marlboro, NY