Business and Professional Golf Management
Business and Professional Golf Management (BBA)
Your path to a career as a golf professional is almost assured with SUNY Delhi's Business and Professional Golf Management (PGM) program. Seventy-five percent of the program's graduates are working in the industry today, and 80 percent of that group have either secured PGM membership or are working toward it.
We currently offer the only PGM option in the Northeast. Our program gives you a solid business foundation underlying golf-specific courses that range from managing a golf facility or running a tournament to teaching.
You'll have plenty of opportunities to improve your game while studying, thanks to the college's outstanding facilities that include an 18-hole course, expansive practice areas, swing analysis lab and pro shop.
- Only program in the Northeast United States, approved by the State Education Department
- Hands-on learning environment with real-world experiences
- Award-winning faculty made up of PGA members with more than 60 years of combined experience
- Four required internships at premier courses and facilities around the country
- Golf Club Professional
- Golf Teaching Professional
- Golf Retail Manager
- Golf Equipment Specialist
- College Golf Coach
- Golf Sales Representative
- Golf Rules Official
- Tournament Director
- Golf Facility General Manager
- Golf Association Manager
Most of our PGM graduates go to work as assistant pros or teaching pros, but you could also pursue different options within the industry: sales for a golf equipment manufacturer, starting your own teaching or equipment repair business or coaching high school or college level golf.
- High School Average: 80 or GED: 2500
- Algebra Regents: 75
- Science Regents: 75
- 18 or less handicap verified in writing by the PGA golf professional at home course, a letter of recommendation and competitive scoring history high school coach, or an official USGA handicap card
- Letter of Recommendation
- SAT/ACT scores are not required, but an SAT score of 950 or better or an ACT score of 19 or better will be used as an indicator of success
- On-campus interview is strongly recommended
Applicants who do not qualify for admission to the program may be considered for admission to the Individual Studies program.
- GPA: 2.3
- Transfer credit for grades of C or better
- Letter of Recommendation from PGA professional
- On-campus interview is mandatory
- 10 or less handicap certified by a PGA professional or college coach
- Beautifully maintained 18-hole golf course. Owned and operated by the Delhi College Foundation, the entire facility serves as an academic laboratory for staff and students of the PGM program as well as all our golf, turf and landscape-related programs; it is also a community resource open to the public.
- 25-Station Driving Range.
- 6,000 sq. ft. Practice Green. A long, undulating green that allows students to practice all types of putts.
- Practice Bunker & Chipping Area. Great short game practice area including a bunker, fringe-height, fairway-height and rough-height areas from which to practice and teach.
- Model Pro Shop managed by a qualified PGA Professional.
- 34,000 sq. ft. Indoor Practice Facility. For off-season use. Helps students maintain playing ability and enhance their instructional skills.
- State-of-the-art Fitness Center. PGM students can enhance their playing ability utilizing golf-specific exercises, especially during the winter months.
- Golf Club Design & Repair Lab. State-of-the-art facility where students can hone their club repair skills.
- Swing Analysis Lab. Indoor practice and technology facility where students can work on their game year-round, and enhance their teaching skills with state-of-the-art technology.