Mission Statement: The mission of Veteran Student Services is to enhance the experience of student military service members, veterans, and dependents at SUNY Delhi by providing them with the necessary guidance, mentoring, and student-centered services that will assist with their transition and ensure their academic and personal success within the college community.
SUNY Delhi honors the service that every student veteran has given to this great country and is committed to providing an environment that is conducive to the needs of our veterans. At SUNY Delhi, students are the most important members of the SUNY Delhi community and we are committed to student success. Veteran Student Services is firm in its mission to provide quality services to student veterans that assist with their transition and ensure their academic and personal success.
- SUNY Delhi Designated Military Friendly
- Approved by the Department of Defense
- SUNY Delhi Recognized as 2022 "Best for Vets" College
The Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020 requires educational institutions to make certain disclosures to students using federal military and/or VA educational benefits. To view and print a copy of an estimated personalized cost of attendance, you can visit the SUNY Net Price Cost Calculator and select "Delhi" from the dropdown. Additional financial information can be found at the NCES College Navigator site.
The SUNY Financial Aid Plan (FAP) will provide a more in-depth analysis and accurate picture of student cost once the student has filed their FAFSA, completed a SUNY application, and has been accepted by a campus.
SUNY Crisis Text Line
- Free and available 24/7, SUNY's Crisis Text Line provides support to work through everyday life stressors, mental health crises, and other well-being concerns. All you have to do is text Got5U to 741-741. #ReachOutSUNY
- SUNY's Crisis Text Line helps connect students with a trained counselor. The 24/7 service provides a confidential way to air mental health concerns or other related stressors at no cost to the student. To reach out, text GOT5U to 741-741 #ReachOutSUNY.
- If you're experiencing a mental health emergency, the Crisis Text Line is free, provides anonymous support, and is available at your fingertips 24/7. Text with a trained Crisis Counselor anytime you need someone to talk to. #ReachOutSUNY
Veterans Resource Center (VRC) and Related Topics FAQ
The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) is located in the Farrell Student & Community Center, Room 128. It is a place for our student veterans and military-affiliated students to gather and bond. It is also a place for programming and meetings of the Student Veteran's Association (SVA). SUNY Delhi students and employees are welcome to utilize the VRC.
Below are frequently asked questions and answers to assist with better understanding the VRC’s current operation plan.
- I am a student veteran, where do I go for assistance?
- Please see the Assistant Director of the MOSAIC Multicultural Center in Farrell 217.
- What are the hours of the VRC?
- Generally speaking, the VRC can be open when the Farrell Student & Community Center is open. This is Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., and 4:30 p.m. to midnight on weekends.
- How do I get involved in SVA?
Check SVA BroncoCONNECT Page for dates and times of meetings and to see their scheduled events.
- Will the VRC have VA Work Study (VAWS) student-staff?
- Yes. If you wish to be considered for VAWS employment, please complete this application for employment (pdf) and return it to the MOSAIC email at MOSAIC@delhi.edu. Students who have not previously been employed in VAWS should prepare for a brief interview process with our staff.
- What benefits may I be entitled to?
- Please review Veterans resource page for more information.
- When will the VRC be open?
- The VRC will be open during the normal hours of operation of the Farrell Student & Community Center.
- Will programming be offered?
- Programming will be offered! Stay tuned for more information throughout the semester.