General Appointments (Virtual & In-Person) - up to 20 minutes
Both returning and new students can book an appointment with a member of SFS through their Starfish account. These appointments are designed to answer questions about financial aid eligibility, aid applications, completing forms, reviewing holds, satisfactory academic progress (SAP) status, billing, refunds & more!
NEW STUDENT Appointments (Virtual & In-Person) - up to 45 minutes
Designed for new students who have been accepted to SUNY Delhi for the 2022-23 academic year to get ready for their first semester at SUNY Delhi before classes begin. We encourage all new students to book at least one appointment after receiving and reviewing their SUNY Smart Track Financial Aid Plan and packet in the mail. Students who will not be utilizing aid are encouraged to attend for other important information. If attending virtually, see 'Tips for Successful Online Appointments using Microsoft Teams.'
- Parent/guardians/family are encouraged to attend with the student
- Provides an overview of the financial aid and billing process
- Review award letters
- Discuss payment options and deadlines
- Discuss loan options (for students and parents)
- Scholarship applications
- Important services (refund preferences, authorized payers, Bronco Web)
- Walk through of Bronco Web services
Questions & Answers for NEW STUDENT Virtual Appointments:
- What is the benefit of a New Student Appointment with SFS before arriving to campus in the fall?
Since Fall 2022 semester bills are due on 8/19/2022 (a week before classes begin), we are eager to assist you with reviewing your aid options and your charges (cost of tuition, fee, room & board) before the due date. Please note, that appointments booked prior to the student receiving their electronic billing notification (by email), estimated costs may be used. Semester bills are expected to be available in early July 2022.
- What will the appointment include?
A representative from SFS will be available by video chat (or in-person) to:
- Answer your financial aid and billing questions
- Review your financial aid and the charges on your *bill
- Discuss other payment methods such as payment plans or a Parent Plus Loan
- Discuss how to apply for federal student loans, if borrowing
- Provide an overview of the services available to students 24/7 in Bronco Web
*Semester bills are typically available at least 30 days before the start of the semester.
- What can I do ahead of time to prepare for my appointment?
- If you haven’t already, apply for both federal and state financial aid including Scholarships. Visit our ‘Apply for Aid’ web page for instructions to get started.
- Review the financial aid packet that was mailed to you (after completing the FAFSA) from SUNY Delhi. The packet would have been sent by mail to your permanent address on file in a large orange envelope. The contents included your SUNY Smart Track Award Letter, a financing guide and other important information. Need another packet? Request a copy sent by email to email@example.com.
- Review your Bronco Web for outstanding requirements that may delay some or all of your aid from processing and/or view your semester bill. Our Bronco Web Guide lists the step-by-step clicks that you need to take within your Bronco Web portal.
- Write down any questions you might have. You may be interested to know how the payment plan works or what your options are to cover any remaining balance due after financial aid is applied.
- Gather your documents such as required forms, your SUNY Smart Track Financing Plan, Financing Guide etc.
- Can I make a follow-up appointment?
Yes, of course! Students can book a follow-up appointment to wrap up any loose ends. We are also available by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (607-746-4570) if you would rather skip the appointment.
- Who can join me (the student) in my appointment?
You can include anyone you wish to join the conversation. If someone will join from a different location for a virtual appointment, you must share the meeting link with that individual. SFS will not share appointment links with anyone other than the person who booked the appointment.
- I booked an appointment but need to reschedule. Can I do this?
Yes. You can simply follow the link in your confirmation email to cancel or reschedule your appointment. If you re-schedule a virtual appointment, be sure to share the new link with anyone who will join you from a different location. To cancel/reschedule within 24 hours of your appointment, please call 607-746-4570.
- Most web-based browsers (except Safari) on a PC or laptop are compatible with Microsoft Teams and do not require the App to be downloaded. Sessions can be viewed through the web browser.
- Mobile devices such as cell phones and tablets require the Microsoft Teams App. Please visit download Microsoft Teams to download for free.
- Join private appointments a few minutes early to test your video and/or audio connections.
- If you do NOT receive a confirmation email shortly after booking, we suggest checking your spam folder.
- Manage your bookings through the link in your confirmation email to reschedule or cancel.
For more ways to contact us, visit our Connect Virtually web page.