Resident Assistant Application Process
Resident Assistant Application
Apply to be a Resident Assistant (RA)
The Resident Assistant (RA) position is an exciting opportunity available to students that will help you grow and discover your inner leadership potential. As an RA, you will gain valuable experience working with staff, building a community in your residence hall, mediating conflicts, and planning programs, all while improving yourself for future employment opportunities. As an RA, you will receive several benefits, including a free single room, $800 off your meal plan, and a $300 stipend per semester.
What is a Resident Assistant?
At the core Resident Assistants (RA) are full-time students who serve as resource to students to help them navigate college life as well as helping to organize events and enforce policy. They help maintain a conducive environment for studying and living for approximately 30-35 students. They are knowledgeable about the college, its resources and personnel, and are available to mentor students on their residence floor. If students have questions or problems, their RA is their first stop.
RAs are students carefully selected for their leadership and communication skills. They receive training in problem solving and emergency response. They are on duty about 1 night a week and do rounds to make sure the wellbeing of the students and building are maintained. Their academic performance is also considered in the selection process. RAs are also required to maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 and have a clean disciplinary record.
The RA position consists of three core roles:
Student Development Role
- Meet regularly with floor residents to explain and promote the residence life program.
- Make efforts to get to know the students and any specific issues or problems that they may be having. Refer problems that are beyond your capabilities to your supervisor.
- Create opportunities for students to interact through social, community service, co-operational, and cultural programming on your floor.
- Strive to develop an atmosphere that is conducive to study, sleep, and respectful group living.
- Maintain the behavioral standards established by the college and deal firmly and respectfully with violations including full participation in any investigations and hearings stemming from any incident in which you are involved.
- Work with the Professional Life Staff and the students to develop programs which emphasize a variety of social, cultural and academic interests.
- Assist the Professional Residence Life Staff in developing and evaluating residence hall programming.
- Complete all programs within the timeline created and set forth in the RA Manual.
- Submit maintenance requests, surveys and other assignments.
- In addition to the regular duty schedule, maintain general availability and consistent hours on the floors that are necessary for success on the job.
- Fulfill the tasks required of on-duty staff with regard to office operations, hall security and emergency procedures.
- Become knowledgeable of the policies and procedures for residence hall living, including the Student Code of Conduct, and act as a liaison in explaining these to the students and in communicating their concerns to the Professional Residence Life Staff.
How to Apply
Step 1: Fill out an application through delhi.erezlife.com under the applications and forms tab.
Step 2: Fill out an application through the Human Resources webpage.
For the resume section, you can either submit a resume or a blank document. The resume is optional.
Step 3: Complete an individual interview. Once you have applied, a Professional Staff Member in Residence Life will reach out to set up an interview in the beginning of March.
Step 4: Complete the group process interview on Wednesday, March 13th from 6:30pm-8:30pm.
If you have any questions, please contact RD Sebastian at Decressd@delhi.edu.