Certified Network Defender (CND)
Become a Certified Network Defender
Certified Network Defender Training
To mitigate cyber breaches, organizations rely on network administrators who protect, detect and respond to the threats on their networks. In this 100% online course, you will learn the concepts and practices network defenders use. Key topics include computer network and defense fundamentals, wireless network defense, network traffic monitoring, and data backup and recovery. Upon successful completion, you will be prepared to take and pass the Certified Network Defender (CND) exam, a credential that validates your ability to provide continuity of operations during attacks.
Job Outlook for Certified Network Defender
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts 4% growth in demand for network and computer systems administrators between now and 2029. The BLS notes that this growth is driven largely by an increase in firms investing in newer, faster technology and mobile networks.
- BLS data indicates that network and computer systems administrators earn $83,510 per year, on average.
Certified Network Defender FAQs
WHAT DO NETWORK DEFENDERS DO?
Network defenders focus on the operations and processes involved in network defense. They target maintaining infrastructure in a system. A day in the life of a network defender could include testing a network for weaknesses, installing and designing security programs, and evaluating and protecting networks.
WHAT SKILLS ARE IMPORTANT FOR NETWORK DEFENDING?
Some network defender skills include resiliency and the ability to maintain the flow of operations during attacks and the ability to develop strategies for secure configuration of devices. Network defenders use these skills for the purpose of detecting and preventing intrusions and damage.
IS CERTIFICATION IMPORTANT FOR A NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR POSITION?
To mitigate cyber breaches, many organizations rely on network engineers who protect, detect and respond to the threats on their networks. A certification such as the Certified Network Defender (CND) validates your ability to provide continuity of operations during attacks.
- Be fully prepared to pass the Certified Network Defender (CND) Exam Number 312-38.
- Obtain the technical depth required to actively design a secure network.
- Understand how networks operate, what software is automating and how to analyze the subject material.
- Gain the ability to design greater network security policies and successful incident response plans.
- Learn skills that foster resiliency and continuity of operations during attacks.
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no mandatory prerequisites prior to taking this Certified Network Defender (CND) training. However, students should have an understanding of basic networking fundamentals and terminology.
Computer Network and Defense Fundamentals
Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attack Section title
Network Security Controls, Protocols, and Device
Network Security Policy Design and Implementation
Secure Firewall Configuration and Management
Secure IDS Configuration and Management
Secure VPN Configuration and Management
Wireless Network Defense
Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
Network Risk and Vulnerability Management
Data Backup and Recovery
Network Incident Response and Management
Eric Reed has over 12 years of experience in IT consulting, specializing in security. Since 2005, he has consulted and delivered custom training to the U.S. military and numerous Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies. He has delivered CEH, CHFI, and ECSA/LPT training for the last seven years, with a 95 percent pass rating. Reed was awarded the EC Council Instructor of the Year in 2009 and 2012, as well as the Circle of Excellence in 2006, 2007, and 2010.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.