Saturday, May 15, 2021
SUNY Delhi Virtual Commencement 2021
Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 10 a.m.
Quick Links (Links will open in Youtube):
- 00:00 Welcome
- 00:42 National Anthem
- 01:48 Dr. Michael Laliberte, SUNY Delhi President
- 04:47 Dr. Tomas Aguirre, Vice President for Student Life
- 06:48 Macy Fitzgerald, student speaker
- 10:12 Dr. Thomas Jordan, Provost
- 14:22 School of Nursing
- 40:29 School of Business and Hospitality Management
- 57:22 School of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- 1:15:00 School of Applied Technologies
- 1:41:23 School of Veterinary and Applied Sciences
- 1:55:21 Conferral of degrees
- 1:56:36 Michael Sullivan, Vice President for College Advancement
- 1:58:30 Alma mater
Join us to celebrate our Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 graduates with a special ceremony featuring President Michael Laliberte, Provost Thomas Jordan, Vice President for Student Life Tomas Aguirre, student speaker Macy Fitzgerald, and our academic deans. A faculty member will read the names and any academic or community service distinctions of each pre-registered graduate as the graduate’s photo is displayed on the screen. Vice President for College Advancement Michael Sullivan will raise a toast to our graduates. We will close the ceremony with a special performance of our alma mater by the Provost. After the commencement first airs on May 15 at 10 a.m., it can also be viewed at any time afterward.
The commencement ceremony will air on this page on Saturday, May 15, at 10 a.m.
The virtual celebration will feature messages from President Michael Laliberte, Provost Thomas Jordan, and this year’s student speaker. Each academic school will then host a separate segment which includes a brief speech by the Dean. A faculty member will read the names and any academic or community service distinctions of each pre-registered graduate as the graduate’s photo is displayed on the screen. Finally, there will be a conferral of degrees and the singing of the Alma Mater. For more details and important announcements, please watch this page and read Delhi Today!
Family, friends, faculty, and alumni are welcome to leave a message in our guestbook for our graduates to recognize their achievements!
Don’t forget to tag @sunydelhi and use hashtags #DelhiGrad and #BroncoForLife in your photos on social media as you celebrate our graduates! We will feature your photos in our upcoming graduation re-cap story!
- Diplomas will be mailed to students' permanent addresses after it is verified that all degree requirements have been met.
- Questions about caps and gowns should be directed to our bookstore manager, Julia Lang at email@example.com.
- If you believe you should have special graduation stoles, cords, or other regalia for an honor society or similar group, please reach out to the advisor or president of that organization.
For questions about commencement, please email Julee Miller.