Each graduate will receive THREE guest tickets when they purchase their cap and gown. Additional tickets are not available due to limited capacity in Clark Field House. Guests without tickets are invited to view the commencement ceremony on the wide screen in the air-conditioned Okun Theatre in Farrell Center. A link to the live broadcast will be available on this website on the day of commencement.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR GRADUATES
- Visit the Registrar's Office website to review graduation requirements.
- There is no rehearsal for commencement.
- Visit the Announcements page on the Campus Store website for information on purchasing caps and gowns. Each graduate is responsible for procuring an appropriate cap and gown to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Students who cannot pick up their caps and gowns in person may make mail order arrangements through the Campus Store, 607-746-4760.
- Students will be given three guest tickets and a name card with the purchase of a cap and gown. Caps and gowns may be pre-ordered starting Monday, March 16, and must be picked up between Monday, April 13 and Friday, May 1. Due to the popularity of commencement, extra tickets are not available.
- Students will be given a blank name card when you pick up your cap and gown. Write your contact information and bring the card to commencement. DO NOT LOSE THIS CARD. You will give your name card to the Reader when you ascend the stage.
- Participation in commencement is not proof of graduation. The only such evidence is the diploma or an official college transcript.
- Students should wear their tassel on the right prior to the ceremony.
- Diplomas will be mailed in summer 2015. If you have questions about your diploma, please contact the Registrar's Office, 607-746-4560.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR GUESTS
- Directions and Lodging Accommodations
- Campus Map
- Guests are asked to follow the commencement signs. All parking lots (except the lot at Clark Field House) are available.
- There will be no accessible parking at Clark Field House. Curbside drop-off is available at Clark Field House, but there is no guest parking.
- Shuttle bus service will be provided to Clark Field House from all campus parking lots starting at 8:30 am.
- The ceremony will last approximately two and one-half hours.
- Each graduate will be photographed on stage with President Vancko and will receive a gift photo with their diploma. Additional photographs may be purchased following commencement by visiting Gerry Raymonda Photography. Guests are asked to refrain from leaving their seats during the ceremony to take photographs.
- A reception will be held in Farrell Center immediately following the ceremony.
- The Bronco Bus will be available after the ceremony for accessible courtesy transport to Farrell Center for the reception.
- Due to problems with bottlenecking in the past, we request that guests do not block doorways after the ceremony.
- There is no reserved seating for guests. It is recommended that guests arrive early.
- Guests with tickets will be seated between 9:00 am and 9:50 am. Guests with tickets who arrive late are not guaranteed a seat in Clark Field House.
- Each student receives three guest tickets with the purchase of their cap and gown. Guests without tickets and guests arriving late may view the ceremony via web broadcast in The Okun Theatre in Farrell Center.
- Children are required to have a ticket if they occupy a seat.
- Wheelchairs, strollers, and infant carriers may not block walkways.
- Seating will be reserved for graduates, faculty and staff participating in commencement.
- Guests requiring accessible seating must contact Patti Timoney at 607-746-4762 by May 8.
- ASL interpreters will be provided by Empire Interpreting.
OFF SITE VIEWING