Saturday, May 14, 2022
SUNY Delhi Spring 2022 Commencement
Outdoor Commencement Ceremony at the Track Field
Saturday, May 14, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
SUNY Delhi is proud to celebrate the graduates of August 2021, December 2021, and May 2022! We will host an in-person, outdoor celebration for residential students and commuters, as well as online students who wish to participate in the ceremony on campus. The ceremony will be held at the track field. The commencement ceremony will be livestreamed online, and in The Okun Theatre with open captions.
- 9 a.m. Student and faculty/staff line-up | Smith Hall
Students should arrive at 9 a.m. for lineup on the walkway between Smith Hall and Farnsworth Hall. Look for a flag with your program name. Faculty and staff will assist students with caps and gowns, and hand out name cards. Faculty and staff will line up inside Smith Hall.
- 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Commencement Ceremony | Track Field
- Checklist for Graduate Candidates
To be able to walk in the ceremony and have your name in the graduation program, it is very important to complete the following steps.
- Run and print a degree evaluation from Degree Works to confirm all degree requirements will be met by the end of the Spring 2022 semester. Deadline March 15.
- Fill out your Petition to Graduate (pdf) and return to the Registrar. Deadline March 15. Submit by March 1 for a chance to win a free cap & gown package sponsored by the Alumni Association!
- Order your cap & gown package. Deadline for guaranteed on-time, free delivery April 15.
- Guest Information
There is no limit on the number of guests each graduates can bring, but carpooling is strongly recommended due to limited parking space.
When arriving on campus, guests will be directed by University Police for parking. Please refer to the campus map. Carpooling is strongly recommended due to limited parking.
Faculty and staff should park at the Lower Valley Campus. There will be shuttle service to and from the commencement site starting at 5:30 a.m.
Shuttles will pick up in all parking lots throughout campus and the Lower Valley Campus.
Per campus guidelines, all campus guests are required to wear a mask unless fully vaccinated and boosted. Additional guidelines may be required based on latest CDC and SUNY recommendations.
- Guests with Disabilities
Handicap parking is available in all campus parking lots. Shuttle buses and vans will transport guests to the ceremony location.
The shuttle bus is accessible to guests using wheelchairs and other mobility devices. Shuttles and vans will make continuous loops through all parking lots prior to the ceremony and return guests after the ceremony. Please note that parking is on a first-come first-served basis.
Athletic Field – If the ceremony is held at the athletic field, there is approximately a 250-foot walk on pavement and grass to seating on the athletic field from the shuttle drop-off site.
Lot "A" – If inclement weather has made the field unsuitable, Lot "A" will be used. Access to the ceremony area is a walk of approximately 150 feet on a pavement surface.
Clark Field House – The shuttle bus stop is outside the main entrance doors in the parking lot.
If the ceremony is held outside, wheelchair seating will be available with two companion seats next to the wheelchair space. The athletic field is a natural grassy area. If the ceremony is indoors, there are wheelchair spaces available. Two companion spaces will be identified next to these spaces. These spaces are limited and on a "first-come, first-served" basis.
American Sign Language
ASL is provided for the Commencement Ceremony. This amenity is provided on the right side of the stage. Special seating accommodations can be made ahead of time through Donna Ackerman at email@example.com.
Open captions are provided on the livestream video.
Accessible bathrooms will be available at all ceremony sites.
Email Donna Ackerman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The commencement ceremony will be livestreamed and in The Okun Theatre with open captions.
- Graduate Portraits
- A photographer from GradImages will be present at commencement to take portraits of each graduate as they exit the stage after receiving their diploma. The SUNY Delhi Alumni Association will gift a 5x7 printed portrait to each graduate who has their photo taken. The portraits will be mailed to graduates along with their diplomas. Families will also have the opportunity to order additional prints through GradImages.
- Campus Events
Pre-commencement events on campus
- Cap decoration – date and location TBD
- Commencement dinner, May 12, 6 - 8 p.m.
- Need Help?