Two-Year Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree
Be a valuable employee at any workplace!
Enter the rapidly growing segment of computer science and cybersecurity industries! Learn to be fluent in information technology (IT), security, and business, which will make you an asset for any organization. Our hands-on program prepares you for entry-level positions in either a business or IT work environment. You may also continue to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Cyber Operations Management (BS) or other related programs.
If you enjoy computer programming, information security, and networking, this degree is a great choice! Our courses expose you to various segments of business and industry, including computing technologies, data communications and networking, cybersecurity, accounting, statistics, and programming. You’ll have an opportunity to earn various certifications to boost your resume.
The Delhi Difference
- Our state-of-the-art classrooms and computer labs have access to simulated servers, information security software, and the latest networking software. With plenty of hands-on learning opportunities, you can apply theories and concepts to real-world scenarios.
- Our faculty are experts in the field with experience ranging from governmental information security to corporate computer networking.
- Small class sizes allow you to develop strong relationships with your peers and professors.
- Earn industry-recognized certifications such as PC Pro and Network Pro.
- Take electives in areas that interest you the most.
- Take advantage of on-campus employment opportunities at the Computer Information Services Help Desk serving customers and troubleshooting issues.
- Join the Delhi Computer Club for professional development experiences such as guest lectures, networking opportunities, and hands-on projects such as website development and LAN gaming for campus organizations and events.
- Graduate into a booming industry! The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that jobs in cyber-related professions are expected to grow 10 times faster than the national average through 2028. Network and user support specialists can expect to earn a median annual wage of above $63,000.
No matter what industry you work for, you’re always going to need an IT expert. I love technology, all the amazing advancements, and how it connects people. SUNY Delhi is the perfect place to study if you want to be confident in your ability to do your job well outside of college. We’re doing real-life work in a very supportive environment, using the same equipment, software, and concepts that are used in the workforce."Scott Seeley ’21
What Can You Do with This Degree?
- Systems analyst with a concentration in business, information technology, networking, or cybersecurity
- Information security officer
- Computer repair specialist
- Office automation specialist
Shemar Duncan ’19 – Mapping Specialist, Delhi Telephone Company, Delhi, NY
Emmanuel Pichardo ’17 – Network Specialist, BOCES, New York, NY
Liz Avery ’14 – Instructional Support Associate, SUNY Delhi, Delhi, NY