Liberal Arts and Sciences: General Studies (AA, AS)
Two-Year Associate in Arts (AA) or Associate in Science (AS) Degree
Explore your options while working towards a degree!
Our General Studies program offers a flexible curriculum that allows you to explore many academic fields such as literature, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences. You’ll be prepared to enter the workforce or continue to pursue an advanced degree in your area of choice.
The Associate in Arts program focuses more on courses in English, history, and social sciences such as anthropology and psychology.
The Associate in Science program focuses more on opportunities to study mathematics and lab sciences like physics, chemistry, or biology in combination with social sciences.
If you haven’t decided on a major but want to start earning college credits, this is a great option for you! You will develop skills in writing, communication, and critical thinking while choosing from a wide selection of electives.
The Delhi Difference
- Our program fulfills all the general education requirements for the SUNY seamless transfer pathway.
- Take electives in topics that interest you the most.
- Small class sizes allow you to develop strong relationships with your peers and professors.
- Meet with advisors to build your curriculum and explore advanced degree opportunities.
- Take advantage of the academic and career guidance services at our Applied Learning & Career Center.
- Get involved on campus and learn more by participating in student clubs, activities, and programs such as the campus radio station, Agate literary magazine, and the Honors Program.
What Can You Do with This Degree?
- Support or assistant-level work in almost any industry
- Continue to an advanced degree at SUNY Delhi or another four-year institution
Delhi provided a solid foundation for which I was able to continue on to pursue my law degree. I was able, for the first time, to befriend a diverse set of friends during my time at Delhi.Chianti Lewis ‘97
- Rohan Johnson ’17 – founder/owner of Lion Heart Basketball LLC, Kinston, NY
- Chianti Lewis ’97 – Attorney, Legal Services of the Hudson Valley, Poughkeepsie, NY