Liberal Arts and Sciences: Humanities and Social Sciences
Two-year Associate in Arts (AA) Degree
Take the first step toward a liberal arts education!
Our Humanities and Social Sciences program offers a flexible curriculum that allows
you to explore law, medicine, education, and other professional fields. You’ll be
prepared to enter the workforce or continue to pursue an advanced degree in your area
The Humanities concentration focuses on courses relating to history, literature, art, philosophy, religion, and English.
The Social Sciences concentration focuses on courses relating to psychology, anthropology, economics, geography, and political science.
If you want to work towards a bachelor’s degree or want to enter the workforce in
a job that requires an associate degree, this program is a great option. You will
develop broadly applicable knowledge in English and mathematics while choosing from
a wide selection of electives.
The Delhi Difference
- Our program fulfills all the general education requirements for the SUNY seamless transfer pathway.
- Take electives in topics that interest you the most.
- Small class sizes allow you to develop strong relationships with your peers and professors.
- Meet with advisors to build your curriculum and explore advanced degree opportunities.
- Take advantage of the academic and career guidance services in our Career Center.
- Get involved on campus and learn more by participating in student clubs, activities, and programs such as the campus radio station, Agate literary magazine, and the Honors Program.
According to O*NET, occupations within humanities and social sciences are expected to grow rapidly.
What Can You Do With This Degree?
- Support or assistant level work in almost any industry
- Continue to an advanced degree at SUNY Delhi or another four-year institution