Plumbing and Refrigeration
Two-Year Associate in Occupational Studies (AOS) Degree
Keep your cool and become one of the most in-demand tradespeople around!
Skilled plumbing and heating technicians are always in high demand with unlimited
possibilities. At SUNY Delhi, you’ll learn to build, install, and repair mechanical
systems that are essential for any building. Our Plumbing and Refrigeration degree
is a unique combination of a one-year certificate in Plumbing, Heating, and Pipefitting
and a one-year certificate in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning. You’ll gain all
the fundamental skills you need for a successful career as a plumber, service technician,
systems designer, or more.
If you like hands-on work that keeps you on the move, this program could be the perfect
The Plumbing, Heating, and Pipefitting certificate teaches you to install complete bathrooms with all piping and appliances as well as heating systems with wiring, venting and other assembly. Some plumbers’ unions accept our certificate as the equivalent of the first year in their five-year apprenticeship programs.
The Refrigeration and Air Conditioning certificate teaches you to measure, cut, solder, and bend pipe, and build a working refrigeration unit. You’ll study commercial refrigeration and air conditioning and learn about heat pump systems and new gases in cooling systems.
Each one-year certificate may also be combined with one-year Electrical Construction, Electrical Instrumentation, or Welding Technology programs to earn an AOS degree.
The Delhi Difference
- With our unique degree, you can secure your future! Skilled plumbing and refrigeration technicians are in high demand with abundant job opportunities right out of college.
- We’ll train you through the traditional apprenticeship approach with plenty of time to practice your skills, take systems apart, and put them back together.
- Gain additional hands-on experience with real-world projects such as working for local organizations and participating in the construction of a residential house or addition.
- Our faculty are experienced plumbers and technicians and stay up to date with the latest developments.
- Our alumni report earning an average of $58,700 per year within five years of graduation with a six-figure salary within reach for most alumni of this program.
What Can You Do With This Degree?
- Service contractor for residential or commercial HVAC systems
- Air conditioning and refrigeration systems designer/installer
- Heat pump technician
- Energy systems manager
- Mechanical/construction technician