Two-Year Associate in Science (AS) Degree
A Biology Degree offers great career outcomes!
Our Biology program offers a flexible curriculum that prepares you to seek bachelor’s programs in science-related fields such as biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, environmental concentration, or science education.
If you want to start working toward a career in science, this program is a great fit for you. You will take courses in biology, chemistry, and math while fulfilling general education requirements. A wide selection of electives allows you to customize your curriculum.
You will learn in a supportive environment with access to individualized advisement.
The Delhi Difference
- Our program covers the required courses for the first two years of any biology bachelor’s program within the SUNY system through the SUNY seamless transfer pathway. You can also transfer to a private institution with proper planning.
- Take electives in topics that interest you the most.
- Small class sizes allow you to develop strong relationships with your peers and professors.
- Participate in field trips and volunteer opportunities for a well-rounded experience outside of the classroom.
- Meet with advisors to build your curriculum and explore advanced degree opportunities.
- Take advantage of the academic and career guidance services at our Applied Learning & Career Center.
- Get involved on campus and learn more by participating in student clubs, activities, and programs such as the campus radio station, Agate literary magazine, and the Honors Program.
- Graduate into a growing field! Physical and life science industries are constantly in demand of motivated and qualified employees. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook in the STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) is projected to grow much faster than average.
- Advanced degree options at SUNY Delhi include Sustainability (BS), Healthcare Management (BBA), and Criminal Justice (BS).
What Can You Do With This Degree?
- Support or assistant-level work in a science field
- Continue to an advanced degree at SUNY Delhi or another four-year institution