Veterinary Science Technology
Veterinary Science Technology (AAS)
SUNY Delhi has the proud distinction of introducing the first Veterinary Science Technology program in the United States. Here, you'll prepare for a rewarding career in veterinary medicine in our state-of-the-art labs among a dedicated community of faculty and students.
Our two-year Veterinary Science Technology program is fully accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), and is designed to meet the demand for technical personnel in the veterinary and biomedical fields. The program offers extensive laboratory facilities, experienced faculty and staff, and hands-on education with companion, lab, and farm animals.
- Hands-on labs with live animals every semester
- Living/Learning Environment where students live with other Vet Sci majors
- High pass rate on the Veterinary Science Technology National Exam (VTNE)
- Small class size: second-year labs average a 1:6 faculty-to-student ratio
- Dedicated reference materials and a comfortable learning space in the Merrill Special Collections Room in the Resnick Library
- Opportunity to Study Abroad in South Africa in Wildlife Management
- "Guiding Eyes for the Blind" puppies are raised by Vet Sci students on campus
Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) may work in:
- Small or large veterinary practices
- Pharmaceutical or other research labs
- Veterinary or technical colleges
- Public health services
- Military service
Bachelor's Degree Opportunity
Graduates of the associate's degree program who pass the VSTNE are fully prepared to work in the field as licensed Veterinary Technicians. About 45 percent of our graduates transfer to bachelor's programs in subjects such as animal science, biology, or microbiology, while some go on to become veterinarians.
SUNY Delhi offers a bachelor's degree in Veterinary Technology, allowing students the chance to take advanced coursework that will prepare them for higher-level responsibilities in the workplace or to continue their studies to the graduate level. Learn more about our BS in Veterinary Technology.
SUNY Delhi Veterinary Technology National Exam Results (VTNE)
Totals : July 2016-June 2019
- 3-Year Pass Rate on the VTNE: 84%
- Number of first-time candidates that have taken the VTNE: 217
Application Plans and Deadlines
The Office of Admissions and the Veterinary Science Technology program utilize an Early Action and Regular Decision Application Plan for First-Year and Transfer Admissions. Admission is offered for the fall semester only.
Early Action Review Period: First Year and Transfer
Students who have completed their applications by December 1 will be notified of their admission status by December 15. Students who are not admissible through Early Action will be moved to our Regular Decision review process. Please note: Students will apply through general admission and will not be able to select Early Action or Regular Decision on the SUNY or Common Application.
Regular Decision Review Period: First Year and Transfer
Students who have completed their applications by February 1 will be notified of their admission status by February 15. Please note: Students will apply through general admission and will not be able to select Early Action or Regular Decision on the SUNY or Common Application.
Offers of Admission through Early Action and Regular Decision are non-binding and students have until May 1 to submit their tuition deposit.
Recommended Admission Requirements
Please note that these are minimum recommendations for admission consideration and do not guarantee admission to SUNY Delhi.
- First-Year Students - 75 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma; SAT scores with a combined reading/writing and math score of 980 or composite ACT Score of 19
- Completed Coursework in Algebra, Geometry, Algebra 2/Trigonometry and Biology (Living
Chemistry Strongly Recommended
- Transfer Students - 3.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
- SUNY Curriculum Code: 0521