Two-year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) or Associate in Occupational Studies (AOS) Degree
Weld your way to success!
Train for a hands-on job that is in such high demand you could travel the world or find success close to home.
Skilled welders are needed to fabricate metal parts for industries like construction,
marine, automotive, energy, and communication technology. There is a critical shortage
of welders, and job opportunities are many! SUNY Delhi’s Welding program provides
you with the skills, knowledge, and experience you need to enter the industry and
work with steel, stainless steel, aluminum, plate metal, sheet metal, structural shapes,
If you enjoy working with your hands and creating tangible products, this program is for you!
You’ll develop skills in welding applications such as shielded metal arc (SMAW), metal inert gas (MIG) and tungsten inert gas (TIG) with state-of-the-art equipment in our modern lab. Classroom lessons will include reading and designing blueprints to create projects from start to finish.
The AAS degree prepares you for the potential of an advanced degree. You’ll take classes in welding
technology along with elective and general education courses that can count toward
a four-year degree. The AAS degree offers two concentrations: industrial welding for
a traditional welding education, or sculpture welding for artistic applications of
The AOS degree prepares you to enter directly into the workforce after two years of study. You may choose a concentration in pipefitting which focuses on laying and threading pipe and understanding the mechanics of pipe systems.
The Delhi Difference
- Over 90% of our graduates secure jobs in this high-demand industry!
- Our state-of-the-art welding facility is equipped with up-to-date ventilation and industry-standard welding and fabrication equipment, including a CNC plasma table and inverter technology.
- Our program costs include high-quality materials such as stainless, steel, and aluminum.
- Learn from faculty who are certified welders and welding inspectors with professional experience in construction, manufacturing, business, and education.
- Participate in field experiences such as campus and community repairs and projects.
- Our campus hosts a NYS Department of Transportation testing facility, which allows you to become certified to work for contractors in NYS and NYC.
- You can earn a Welding certificate after successfully completing your first year in the program.
What Can You Do With This Degree?
- Welding technician/engineer
- Ironworker/sheet metal worker
- Artistic welder
- Independent contractor
- Welder fabricator
- Certified welding inspector