Construction Management: Design and Building
Four-Year Bachelor of Technology (BT) Degree
Design and build a lucrative career in Construction Management!
As one of the top construction schools in the Northeast, our Construction Management:
Design and Building degree is your path to a successful career in the thriving construction
industry. With a comprehensive approach to the construction process, our curriculum
includes architecture and business classes to prepare for managerial roles in any
sector of the industry.
Our program offers two tracks:
The Commercial Construction concentration prepares you for work and leadership roles in companies that manage jobs on commercial structures like office buildings, hospitals, hotels and resorts, and shopping centers.
The Residential Construction concentration prepares you for work and leadership roles for your own business or companies that manage work building houses, townhomes, and condos.
If you completed an AAS degree in Construction Technology or Residential Construction or related degree, this program is the perfect next step to advance your skills and position yourself for leadership roles. You’ll study specialized topics such as contracting law, site engineering, and building science, preparing you to supervise large projects, manage crews, and plan logistics.
The Delhi Difference
- Our students have 100% job placement within six months of graduation! Construction is one of the nation’s largest industries, boasting more than 8.3 million jobs throughout the country each year.
- The average starting salary for our graduates is over $50,000 right out of college! According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, those with a bachelor’s degree in construction science or construction management coupled with construction experience have the best job prospects.
- Gain over 800 hours of on-the-job training through an internship providing you with ample opportunity to hone your skills. You will work with your advisor to find the right placement for your area of interest.
- SUNY Delhi ranks among the Top Associated Schools of Construction Management in the Northeast.
- Our construction program is the nation’s oldest post-secondary construction program, proudly educating some of the best construction workers in the industry since 1933.
- We are accredited by the American Council for Construction Education.
- Our faculty are leaders in their field with years of real-world experience in various areas of construction design, planning, materials, project management, and more.
- Enjoy plenty of hands-on learning experiences in our dedicated construction labs, allowing you to practice your skills and deepen your knowledge.
- Work on real-life construction projects on campus and in the community.
- Participate in student chapters of the Associated General Contractors, the Moles, and National Association of Home Builders for opportunities to attend conferences, compete in national competitions, visit active construction sites, and win scholarships.
The professors at Delhi are very knowledgeable. They have experience in the industry to back up what they’re saying. Delhi is one of the only schools that have actual labs to work in. Because we’re so hands-on, we know how things work and what to do when problems arise. During my internship, I worked with students from engineering schools who were only used to looking at general concepts and didn’t understand the building components of how things really work. At Delhi, we get to practice what we learn in the classroom… At the end of my internship, the company sat me down and offered me a salaried position as soon as I graduate from Delhi.Charlie Clark '20
SUNY Delhi has one of the few programs that’s known for hands-on learning instead of sitting in a classroom. It helps you understand for yourself what someone is trying to teach you. Another great thing Delhi's construction program offers is internships. It's a gateway to jobs. I don’t see other colleges doing that. Our faculty are from the workforce and know what they’re talking about.Lucas Breakey '24
What Can You Do With This Degree?
- Project manager/engineer
- Site superintendent
- Field engineer
- General/specialty contractor
- Testing/inspection technician
- Tyler Gentile ’19 – Assistant Project Manager, LeChase Construction Services LLC, Armonk, NY
- Christian Davila ’14 – Superintendent, Turner Construction Company, Albany, NY
See a list of companies our students have gained employment at after graduation.