Culinary Arts (AAS)
SUNY Delhi's Culinary Arts program has gained national and international honors. The Associate in Applied Science in Culinary Arts degree program offers a rich array of classes to give you a firm foundation to launch a culinary career. You'll learn by doing in our state-of-the-art kitchens, baking lab, and Bluestone Pub & Restaurant, SUNY Delhi's brand new (opened Fall 2019) restaurant located at the College Golf Course. Culinary and Hospitality students run the restaurant several days a week with service open to the general public. If you want to be a chef, you want to be at SUNY Delhi.
- Hands-on Experience. Host banquets, run a restaurant, and spend a summer interning at the side of a professional.
- Baking Advisory. SUNY Delhi offers one of the few baking options in the country for associate degree students.
- Award-Winning Faculty. All of our faculty are professional chef-instructors who have worked as restaurant chefs, executive chefs, personal chefs and restaurant owners.
- Accredited by the American Culinary Federation.
- Winning team. In the last eight years, our students have won more than 500 individual and team medals, including multiple ACF national titles.
- Day Chef
- Entry-level Kitchen Manager
- Garde Manger
- Line Cook
- Night Chef
- Pastry Chef
The program includes a full-summer internship in which you'll spend 480 hours assisting a chef at an American Culinary Federation-certified restaurant.
SUNY Delhi students in all hospitality programs have the opportunity to participate in the Walt Disney College Program, working at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida, for six months while earning college credit. Courses include Communications, Leadership, Hospitality Management, Human Resource Management, Disney Marketing U, and Disney Experiential Learning.
State-of-the-art culinary facilities include:
- A la carte kitchen for restaurant dining
- Specialized kitchen for banquet preparation
- Beverage lab with full bar
- Full-scale butcher shop
- Ice-carving lab
Popular bachelor's degree opportunities at SUNY Delhi
Recommended Admission Requirements
- 75 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma or 2.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
- Completed Coursework in Algebra and Geometry
- SUNY Curriculum Code: 0578
Julio Chavez 2018 National Student Chef of the Year
Julio has been crowned the "2018 National Student Chef of the Year" by the American Culinary Foundation ACF Chefs in New Orleans where he has been competing against contenders from around the country!
Study Abroad in Italy
Read a travel journal recapping two students’ trip to Italy with Marco Polo Program Abroad during summer 2019.
Students Showcase Talents During Competitions
SUNY Delhi’s Hot Foods team took first place at the 2018 Copa Culinaria international cooking competition in held in Santiago, Chile.