Two-Year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree
Plan for a perfect career!
Our exciting Event Management program offers you an excellent foundation for a career in the fast-paced field of event planning. With our reputable, top-of-the-line facilities and instructors, you’ll gain the knowledge and hands-on experience to take on organizing events such as corporate meetings, conferences, weddings, ceremonies, parties, and banquets. As a graduate, you’ll be ready to enter the workforce or pursue advanced studies in our Event Management (BBA) bachelor’s program.
If you are detail-oriented and like to hustle behind the scenes, this program is for you! You’ll take courses in hospitality management, menu planning, sustainable events, networking, communications, sales, and marketing. Hands-on learning is a key component of our program, and you’ll have frequent opportunities to practice your skills in the banquet and conference facilities on campus.
The Delhi Difference
- Join one the nation’s most highly regarded hospitality programs! We have a longstanding reputation of producing some of the most skilled and sought-after professionals in the industry.
- Learn from faculty who are leaders in their field with years of industry experience, bringing real-world perspectives into the classroom.
- Small class sizes allow you to develop strong relationships with your peers and professors.
- Plan and host events at our on-campus venues:
- Bluestone Pub and Restaurant, our brand new, state-of-the-art restaurant and event center
- Kennedy Lounge bar and beverage laboratory
- Alumni Hall hospitality center with a commercial kitchen, conference rooms, and banquet space
- Boost your resume and hone your skills with a summer internship in the industry (eight 40-hour weeks or a total of 320 hours is required).
- Network with our vast network of distinguished alumni as well as employers and other guests for possible internships and job opportunities.
- Your faculty will help with securing internships, resume development, interview preparation, and housing applications.
- Take advantage of our partnership with the Walt Disney College Program for an opportunity to work at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL, for six months while earning college credit.
- Join our student clubs such as Meeting Professionals International, Club Managers Association of America, and the International Food Service Executives Association.
- Graduate into a lively industry! According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for event planners is expected to grow faster than average through 2029.
Delhi has prepared me in many aspects. I taught my internship supervisor how to use a piece of event software we learned about in class and thanks to the restaurant class I’m able to understand the equipment, table settings, and sanitation requirements of caterers I work with.Sydney Wunder ‘20
What Can You Do with This Degree?
- Wedding planner
- Banquet/meeting planner
- Hotel sales manager
- Convention/conference planner
- Travel coordinator
- Concierge or tourism coordinator
- Business owner
Emily Wells ’16 – Wedding Sales Manager, Hutchinson Island Marriott Resort, Stuart, FL
Adam Davoli ’11 – Event Supervisor, Lakeview Events Center, Laurens, NY
Justin Brand ’10 – Operations Manager, Charlotte Harbor Event and Conference Center, Punta Gorda, FL
Michelle Benincasa ’09 – Marketing and Event Coordinator, Firepoint Solutions, Boise, ID