Event Management (AAS)
Our Event Management program provides an excellent foundation for a career in the fast-paced field of event and meeting planning. Graduates can go on to organize weddings and social events, plan corporate meetings, work in hospitality, or design travel and tour packages, among many other opportunities.
While learning theory in the classroom, you'll put your knowledge to use and hone your skills planning and executing on-campus banquets in the college's conference facility.
- Plan events and meals in our on-campus banquet facility
- Small classes and labs for individual attention
- Graduate with professional experience
- Opportunity to work at Walt Disney World while earning college credit
- Join a student chapter of a professional network for travel opportunities and professional connections through: Meeting Professionals International, Club Managers Association of America, International Food Service Executives Association.
- Banquet manager
- Hotel sales manager
- Wedding planner
- Event production manager
- Convention center manager
- Corporate meeting planner
- Travel coordinator
- Business owner
As a student of the Event Management program, you'll have the opportunity to participate in the Walt Disney College Program, during which you'll work at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, for six months while earning college credit. You will be required to complete a minimum of 320 hours of work experience in a position related to the hospitality industry during the summer between the first and second years of study. This professional work experience enhances and complements classroom learning.
- Full-service banquet facility
- Conference center
- A la carte kitchen
- Banquet preparation kitchen
- Lounge with full bar
- Suites for overnight guests
Popular Bachelor's Degree Opportunities at SUNY Delhi
Recommended Admission Requirements
- 75 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma or 2.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
- Completed Coursework in Algebra and Geometry
- SUNY Curriculum Code: 2435