American Rescue Plan Emergency Grant
Under the American Rescue Plan (ARP) passed by Congress and signed into law in March 2021, a third round of funding was provided for the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III). The ARP authorizes colleges to provide emergency grants to students for their expenses related to any component of the student’s cost of attendance that arise due to the coronavirus. This includes tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care) or childcare.
Complete the request below if you, the student, have already incurred, or will incur expenses, which are related to the expenses listed above. Additionally, if you were already considered eligible for ARP funding and received an email on 11/23/21 with a grant amount listed, these additional expenses must exceed the amount of your initial award. This grant is not a loan, will not need to be paid back and will not affect your financial aid award amounts.
- In the form below, prioritize expenses that you have or will incur on or after March 13, 2020 that are related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus that exceed the amount already awarded through ARP or previous emergency grants.
- For each expense:
- Write a brief description that describes how it is related to COVID-19
- Specify the dollar amount
- Attach documentation, if available. Documentation is encouraged but not required. Additional information may be requested, if necessary
- All requests will be considered; however, funding constraints and regulations may limit the number and amount of awards.
ARP Emergency Grant Form