2023 Cabinet Minutes
August 29th, 2023
- Discussed feedback from Open Meeting and Opening Weekend.
- Reviewed the Facilities Master Plan presentation.
- Edwards shared an overview of the Strategic Plan themes and timelines for next steps.
- John Padovani shared that residence hall and Riverview Townhouse occupancy is up by 221 students (new and returning) from last year.
- Campus Covid-19 information page has been updated for Fall 2023 semester Covid-19 Policies (delhi.edu)
- Lou Reyes is continuing a campus listening tour. The EIAB meetings will begin again in September.
August 22nd, 2023
- Reviewed proposals for SUNY’s incremental funds to support mental health, food insecurity, internships, and students with disabilities.
- Bonderoff and Dean Davis will be participating in an Agriculture Technology roundtable at SUNY New Paltz in September.
- Admissions is updating literature in preparation for the counselors to recruit for the 2024-2025 cycle. Slate is open for applications for next year.
- Michael Sullivan is working on alumni visits and major donor engagement.
August 8th, 2023
- Generous donations resulted in new equipment for the Mechatronics program.
- Edwards is getting new assessment plans up and running and reinvigorating the Strategic Planning process.
- Michael Sullivan’s team is actively preparing for Homecoming Weekend
- Engagements with Senators occurring this week.
- Brower is meeting with SUNY OCC’s provost on a potential partnership with Micron and articulation agreements with the college.
August 1st, 2023
- John Padovani shared the itinerary for Welcome Weekend.
- Brower shared updates about the reorganization of the Resnick Academic Achievement Center. The Official school restructuring plan began today.
- Chelsea Mathieu shared OTPS targets for the upcoming year, is working on identifying priorities for additional operating aid, and the remainder of incremental funds.
July 25th, 2023
- Anna Petsching provided a presentation on student retention data broken down by school.
- SUNY Delhi’s homepage on the website was redesigned to complement Slate.
- A brief overview of Convocation plans was shared.
July 18th, 2023
- Jessica Morse presented a training on Microsoft SharePoint, Teams, and Planner.
- Discussed topics to present at the opening meeting, information needed for the Annual Report, and ideas for Senior Council in September.
- Brower and Nazely are finalizing the transformation fund proposal for the expansion of support for the CPASS program.
- Nursing was funded for simulation in clinical experiences.
- The Medaille University vet sci program for SUNY Delhi was approved.
- Admissions has an ongoing email campaign and is surveying summer melt students.
June 27th, 2023
- Discussed the UUP contract, transformation funding, and dismissal pilot program.
- The transcript fee for students will be waived and work with a third-party vendor to receive electronic transcripts.
- Mark Sullivan shared updates regarding international recruitment initiatives, including Cambridge International and IPP pathways.
- As a result of the REJI Summit participation, equity action planning is underway.
June 13th, 2023
- A dismissal pilot is underway, with a graduate assistant reaching out to students to participate.
- The Deans are working on faculty reviews and annual reports.
- Finance is working with Applied Technologies on cap expansion in conjunction with SUNY’s Provost office. The engineers were on campus today to support this project.
- Lou Reyes presented the Equity Inclusion Advisory Board (EIAB) annual report.
- A schematic review for science labs was completed this week.
June 6th, 2023
- Discussed and finalized academic restructuring from five schools to three.
- A summer outreach plan needs to be established to connect with students without schedules.
- An opportunity to teach out programs from Medaille University is being fast-tracked for veterinary sciences.
- Bronco Ready Day events and turnout were successful.
- New student housing deposits are up from last year.
- John Padovani is working on developing a First Year Experience program.
- Lou Reyes is organizing a group of campus leaders to attend the REJI Summit. Additionally, SUNY will be covering the dissemination of the Campus Climate survey in the fall semester.
May 23rd, 2023
- Overview of the Senior Council meeting agenda.
- MC 360 evaluations are underway.
- Discussion on academic probation with the potential for establishing a pilot reboot program.
- Finance is identifying budget targets for unit leaders, with the Budget and Planning Committee. The budgeting process will be modified moving forward.
- Mark Sullivan provided updates on enrollment, deposits, Bronco Ready registrations, year to date goals of admissions counselors, and events at the NYC Global center.
- John Padovani shared updated numbers for campus housing assignments.
May 9th, 2023
- Bonderoff shared updates from the SUNY Presidents’ meeting, including increases in operational and transformational funding.
- Finance is meeting regularly with System Administration to determine enrollment projections.
- The 10-year residence hall capital plan was finalized.
- Jordan met with the Callus Center to discuss the transition to D2L.
- The Chancellor asked Lou Reyes to regularly convene with the ag-tech CDO’s to strengthen collaboration and discuss relevant issues pertaining to our sector.
- EOP enrollment is trending higher and preparing for summer college program.
- Advancement is pushing for end-year fundraising. Several events are planned, including Delhi Day at Yankee Stadium.
Tuesday, April 25th, 2023
- Summer operating hours for administrative offices was determined.
- The Strategic Plan is on hold until the new academic year.
- Commencement Committee updates and action items to complete in preparation for the graduation ceremony.
- Lou Reyes is working with HR to enhance relationships with campuses for ABD candidates and diversifying representation on search committees. There was a student event hosted by the CDO to support Ramadan break fasting.
- Mark Sullivan shared scholarships tracking report to date.
- A decision to suspend the nursing dean search was made to consolidate the schools for long term financial sustainability.
Tuesday, April 18th, 2023
- Finance is working with the Budget and Planning Committee to consolidate budgets. They will be meeting to refine priorities.
- Discussion was had with the Chancellor about cascading admissions.
- There was a conversation about waitlists for programs in high demand and opportunities to formalize partnerships with campuses to address this challenge.
- New online mental health contracts to expand counseling hours are underway.
- CADI is providing numerous scholarships for student employees.
Tuesday, April 11th, 2023
- A Campus Calendar Committee was established to increase collaboration and reduce conflicts for large events.
- Jordan is bringing restructuring recommendations to Academic Council.
- The Golf Course has reopened. Numerous events and tournaments are being held this month.
- Accepted Student Day is approaching. A revamped approach for CPASS enrollment is underway. SUNY is assisting with paying for staff to conduct outreach for EOP.
- The Construction Fund is coming to campus for on-site interviews to inform the Facilities Master Plan.
- Advancement has several regional events, including a legislative panel in Delaware County.
- Lou Reyes is exploring implicit bias training and having conversations with SUNY about a Campus Climate survey.
- Student banquets and award ceremonies are starting. CSLE is seeking applications for a student commencement speaker.
Tuesday, April 4th, 2023
- Overview of Chancellor visit to SUNY Delhi
- Kicked off President’s Student Advisory Council
- Budget and Planning Committee will consolidate all budget requests and submit to Cabinet.
- Shawn Brislin shared an update about the Facilities Master Planning process.
- SUNY has been working closely with campuses to increase EOP numbers.
- Several admissions events are being scheduled at the NYC Global Center.
- There are numerous upcoming regional alumni events, including Boston and Washington DC.
- SFS and the RAAC are tabling in Farrell to address student holds.
Tuesday, March 28th, 2023
- Clarified leadership structures 1) added an Executive Leadership Team (ELT), which is a smaller subgroup of Cabinet, and 2) invited Deans to Cabinet.
- Discussed feedback from the recent Town Hall to prepare responses and inform ongoing improvements.
- Jordan provided an update on APAC findings and the discussions among the academic restructuring committee.
- John Padovani shared information about Gab Fest, the upcoming concert, and student life leadership awards.
- The Foundation is working with the SUNY Construction Fund on the land swap for the hotel project.
- CIS implemented new security measures to ensure users know when emails originate from outside of the organization.
Tuesday, March 21st, 2023
- Welcomed Interim Chief Diversity Officer Louis Reyes to Cabinet.
- Discussed the revised micro credential policy and a related grant.
- Reviewed Accepted Student Day program, registration numbers, and new video from Marketing.
- Reviewed several Emeritus requests.
Tuesday, March 7th, 2023
- Shortened Cabinet meeting. Reviewed cost comparisons from the Commencement Committee.
Tuesday, February 28th, 2023
- Shortened Cabinet meeting with a presentation from First Day Complete – an access program through Barnes & Noble.
Tuesday, February 21st, 2023
- Academic Affairs is working on numerous grant requests.
- Admissions is exploring opportunities to enhance presence in online marketplace.
- SFS is conducting a campaign for accepted students to complete the FAFSA.
- The final MSCHE visit itinerary was shared. Additional evidence was requested.
- Advancement met with potential business partners in the region and attended a panel discussion regarding semiconductors.
- CIS installed speakers and cameras at the Turf field.
Tuesday, February 14th, 2023
- The Campus Space and Resources Utilization Committee started meeting to establish a process for reviewing facilities and technology needs across campus.
- Budgeting processes including templates to identify prioritization will be shared soon.
- Slate is aiding with registrations for Accepted Student Days, Deposits, and Bronco Ready (orientation).
- Admissions is bolstering international recruitment efforts in collaboration with CSLE.
- The Strategic Planning committee is discussing potential themes. Embedding DEI and accessibility across the themes.
- A partnership, initiated by SUNY System, with Gray Castle Security is offering campuses training for IT breaches.
- School dean searches are ongoing.
- Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Continued updates regarding engagement and progress with the SUNY Construction Fund.
Funding from SUNY was provided to replace academic equipment.
Dr. Bonderoff, Chelsea Mathieu, Nazely Kurkjian, and members of the Budget Office are participating in monthly calls with SUNY’s Finance Office to proactively address the budget, effectively plan, and advocate for additional support.
Meeting with business partners to formalize a partnership to enhance recruitment and workforce development.
Dr. Jordan is working on an initiative through Cambridge International. The Racial Equity Justice Team is set. APAC will be meeting with Program Directors of impacted programs.
Spending Committee requests were discussed.
Mark Sullivan shared the Slate implementation phases. Working on increasing caps for waitlisted programs. Examining opportunities for increasing international student enrollment.
Dr. Aguirre shared updates from the first Student Senate meeting.
Dr. Edwards shared that the Strategic Planning committee is starting to meet. The MSCHE visit schedule is being confirmed.
Michael Sullivan and Dr. Bonderoff continue to work on donor outreach efforts.
- Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Dr. Bonderoff shared updates from a meeting of the presidents from the Ag/Tech sector.
Dr. Bonderoff had meetings with legislators to advocate for funding for SUNY Delhi.
An update was provided on the feedback from the SUNY Construction Fund. The meeting was a great success, and preliminary funding opportunities were shared.
Dr. Jordan introduced the First Day Complete program, a partnership with Barnes & Noble to ensure students have books on the first day of classes.
Finance provided an update on the Spending Committee review process thus far.
Mark Sullivan shared updates from meetings with the Chief Enrollment Officers and the SUNY Communications role-alike group. Of worthy note is information to prepare for a future visit from Chancellor King.
Dr. Aguirre shared an update on the success of students moving in, a snapshot of conduct incidents, bias incident complaints, and provided suggestions for the utilization of Starfish for specific types of student crises.
Michael Sullivan shared an update regarding the process for the contract with Bluestone, met with politicians and business partners, and is working with SFS on scholarships. He is now officially the Executive Director for the Foundation.
- Tuesday, January 17, 2023
- The college deans, Shawn Brislin, Josh Wright, and Donna Ackerman were invited to go through a presentation and strategy in preparation for the SUNY Construction Fund visit, which is taking place on January, Friday, January 20.
- Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Dr. Bonderoff shared updates from the SUNY Presidents' meeting.
The Presidential Awards were discussed.
SUNY Delhi’s participation in the Racial Equity and Justice Institute was introduced. Dr. Jordan is leading this initiative and is in the process of identifying individuals for the task force.
Chelsea Mathieu provided a financial management summary.
John Padovani provided information regarding spring residence life occupancy.