CARP 290 Mechanical Systems Tool List
CARP 290 is taken by the majority of Carpentry majors in the second year (third semester). If you have been through the first year of Carpentry, you may already have some of these tools.
- Tape Measure
- Utility Knife
- Electrical Tape
- **Side Cutters (lineman's pliers)
- **Long nose pliers (needlenose)
- **End Cutting pliers (nippers)
- **Wire Stripper (cut and pull multi-purpose tool or automatic wire-stripper)
- **Screw Drivers (Flat and Philips Head or Multi-Head)
** Purchase tools with insulated (rubber handles) to protect you in case of electric shock
- Propane torch
- Adjustable wrench
- Slip joint pliers
- Leather work gloves
- Tape measure
- Safety glasses
Work Boots and Safety Glasses are REQUIRED in all lab situations; students will not participate in labs without them. If you wear prescription glasses, prescription safety glasses will be required.
Your entire class will own tools similar to yours. To decrease the possibility of mistaken identity, each tool should be permanently marked with your name or some form of identification before you arrive to start classes.