Human Resource Management
Four-year Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degree
Pursue a fulfilling career in the dynamic field of human resources!
Our innovative degree in Human Resource (HR) Management prepares you to play a strategic role in advancing organizations by developing their most important asset – human capital. You’ll gain an understanding for the ethical, legal, and social factors that serve the interests of employees and employers alike, and develop the skills to recruit, onboard, evaluate, and retain employees in any industry.
If you love working with others and want to help shape organizational culture, this degree is for you! You’ll take courses in employment law and compliance, compensation and benefits administration, leadership, effective communications, business ethics, motivation theory, and much more. You’ll master foundational HR skills and understand the role human resources plays in the modern business world.
The Delhi Difference
- Learn from respected expert faculty with impressive academic credentials and years of real-world experience in human resources.
- Our cutting-edge curriculum is overseen by an advisory board of industry leaders, making sure you’ll graduate with skills that correspond with the latest developments in the field.
- Our modern classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art technology that reflects what is used in the industry.
- Apply what you learn in the classroom to real life through service-learning projects, community service, or an internship. You’ll graduate with a strong understanding of how theories and concepts apply in the real world.
- Find internship opportunities through our industry connections and with guidance from your faculty. Our students have previously interned at the Long Island Community Hospital, Clark Companies, The Delaware National Bank of Delhi, and the SUNY Delhi HR Office, among others.
- Graduate into a growing industry! According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for HR managers is expected to grow faster than the average through 2026, with an average salary of over $115,000 per year.
I wanted a career path that would allow me to interact with people. HR is a business-driven field with a focus on helping people. SUNY Delhi’s program offers hands-on learning with classroom simulations, mock interviews, and networking events. The required internship is another competitive advantage in the job market. It’s a close-knit community with small class sizes that allows you to foster connections with your professors. You won’t get lost in the crowd!Ashley Magnifico ’20
HR applies to all industries anywhere in the world. It can take you in a lot of different directions and covers so many areas, from recruiting and payroll to policy writing and administration. The faculty at SUNY Delhi are very knowledgeable and bring all their real-world career experiences into the classroom. They’ve been so helpful in personally setting me up for the best opportunities. I’ve received a wealth of knowledge that I can apply to my future career and real life. I’m really confident in my degree and the program.”Chelsae Gadway ’20
What Can You Do With This Degree?
- Human resources manager
- Labor relations director
- Employee relations specialist
- Recruitment director
- Payroll manager
- Benefits administrator