Human Resource Management
Human Resource Management (BBA)
SUNY Delhi's Human Resource Management Degree prepares graduates to work in the dynamic field of HR or pursue advanced degrees. Students will learn the important elements of the HR function including recruitment, selection, onboarding, training, and conducting performance reviews. More specifically, they will master such topics as employment law and compliance, compensation and benefits administration, risk management, leadership, and effective communication skills. They will be prepared to play a strategic role in advancing their organizations by developing their most important asset – human capital. Human Resource professionals are employed in all industries, and as a result, the jobs are diverse and plentiful.
- JOBS! Graduates get jobs in the field! Employment of human resource managers is projected to grow 9% from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. The NYC Metro area is listed as having the highest number of HR-related jobs in the northeast. (source: Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Occupational Outlook Handbook).
- Faculty. The faculty who teach in the program have impressive academic credentials and have years of industry experience. Students will learn from respected experts in their field.
- Applied Learning. All students will have the opportunity to apply what they learn in the classroom to real life. Whether it is through the internship, service learning projects, or community service, students will graduate with a strong understanding of how the theories and concepts apply in industry.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities. Courses are taught in newly renovated classrooms equipped with technology that reflects what is used in the field.
- Industry Connections. An advisory board of diverse representatives from various industries has been assembled to ensure that the curriculum remains cutting-edge and that networking opportunities remain plentiful for students and graduates.
- Human Resource Manager
- Labor Relations Director
- Employee Relations Manager
- Recruitment Manager
- Staffing Manager
- Payroll Manager
- Benefits Administrator
Recommended Admission Requirements
- First-Year Students - 75 High School GPA with a Regents Diploma; SAT scores with a combined reading/writing and math score of 980 or a composite ACT score of 19
- Completed Coursework in Algebra and Geometry; Algebra 2/Trigonometry Recommended
- Transfer Students - 2.0 Cumulative Transfer GPA
These are minimum requirements for admission consideration and do not guarantee admission to SUNY Delhi.
- SUNY Curriculum Code: 1124